BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Global (English) > Ethical?

Ethical?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/3/2009 12:40:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was checking on my team using the new site and it said I had a player chosen for the national team of his home country. I went to look at the player's page and it did not show he was on the national team.

I sent BB mail to the national team GM and asked him if he appointed my player to the national team then kicked him off just to look at his stats. He responded that he did.

I am a little mad about this. Partly because he had been sending me BB mail weekly asking about his progress in training and I was answering. I would have told him if he asked, but he didn't. Also because it seems like it is wrong for a national team GM to just promote random players just to look at their stats. When I saw that my player was put on the national team I got excited due to the possible bump in merchandise revenue just to find that it was just a farce.

Even though this GM has nothing to gain in competitive advantage by looking at my player (since the GM is in a different country) is this ethical?

This Post:
108191.4 in reply to 108191.2
Date: 9/3/2009 6:10:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
, therefore this message should be taken away again on the new site..

Well the only thinkg why it should be removed is not getting bunch of threads like this in future. I think it should stay there. Call it that the player was invited to train with NT as sparing partner or whatever.

- the owner gets feedback his player was observed
- you get better picture of local talents in your division
- most importantly you can check nt/u21 is doing his (real) job

This Post:
108191.5 in reply to 108191.4
Date: 9/3/2009 6:51:44 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Call it that the player was invited to train with NT
Good solution After a while, a day or two, it could come a new report saying he has been appointed to the NT.

Last edited by Svett Sleik (U21-Scout Norge) at 9/3/2009 6:57:45 AM

This Post:
108191.6 in reply to 108191.5
Date: 9/3/2009 7:08:06 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I meant call it for yourself in your head. Extra reports could only slow some thing down I guess.

This Post:
108191.7 in reply to 108191.5
Date: 9/3/2009 9:47:32 AM
Jokehim Maniacs
SBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Jokehim Maniacs II
I think that simplest way to solve it is to give a message if your player is in national team on daily update. If he was not at last update then tell the manager that he is chosen for national team.

I think that the annoyance to users by letting them know that their player was picked and dropped is unnecessary in my opinion.

I think that current system where you can check skills during season break is the best possible. It would be worse if the national coach could see skills for every user during the whole season and it would certainly be worse if you could not see skills for players in the national team.

Another alternative is to give the national team coach full access to every player in the country during off season but I am certainly not favoring that as that would give the national coach a big advantage for their own team.

The suggestion to instead write a note that player was on test training also makes sense to me even if I favor to completely skip a message about chosen in national team if it is for just minutes ...

This Post:
108191.8 in reply to 108191.7
Date: 9/3/2009 10:30:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I favor to completely skip a message about chosen in national team if it is for just minutes ...
That's my nr 1 choice too, but if it has to be one it should be formed in a way that doesn't give false hope for managers.
I think that simplest way to solve it is to give a message if your player is in national team on daily update. If he was not at last update then tell the manager that he is chosen for national team.
I would prefer to PM the manager if a player of his were given a spot on NT. Both out of courtesy and to make sure the player recieves training, but writing it in NT press release is also a good way which could be combined by PM, however both of these would depend on the NT coach activity level (in my opinion you should be into it if you decide to run for NT coach).

This Post:
108191.9 in reply to 108191.1
Date: 9/3/2009 10:48:22 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is completely ethical and is expected - any NT coach worth his salt will be getting as much information as he can to further the goals of his NT.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
108191.10 in reply to 108191.9
Date: 9/3/2009 11:49:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is completely ethical and is expected - any NT coach worth his salt will be getting as much information as he can to further the goals of his NT.

Yes it is, but I also think it is not entirely correct to tell the league that X player has been nominated for NT in a situation where he has only been scouted. Something similar just happen en mi league and that manager feel bad when realize that it was only scouted.

Is like the same comment I made when somebody suggest to put in the History or Hall of Fame if your player has been nominated for NT. Virtually every 18 yo player will high potential has been nominated for his U21 NTM, even if he has not been in the team for more than a minute every season.

Maybe a good posibility will be to report this if when the daily/weekly update occurs and the player is still nominated, then it will be put as a highlight.

This Post:
108191.11 in reply to 108191.10
Date: 9/3/2009 12:10:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Let's just say I am not looking forward to the new league news feature flooded with "team X celebrates that player X have been nominated to nation X's NT", not just the national players, but every decent player in every team. So much for those weeks news. If I am lucky I might get a glimpse of them ...if I refresh rapidly enough...