BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Training pops

Training pops

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/11/2008 6:26:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
can i suggest to change the current training meter for the player development? because like today, i don't know whether one player popped his certain skill or not...

maybe they should have a webpage wherein players in my team announce that their skill has developed (or not developed)... more like "Player development" page("Player 'X' has just improved their 'Y' skill from rating 'A' to rating 'B' [announced on mm/dd/yyyy]"). Of course... the announcement is made by the trainers... not the players...Ü or maybe this can be put also into the training page if making a new web page is much harder

the page will indicate the player's development history in a month... all player development announcements in the month will be wiped off at the end of the month to give way for the player pops at the following month.

the green arrow/red arrow alone is an effective way to indicate the player's improvement, but i don't know whether it has been announced or not.

PRO's and CON's (IMO)

PRO's
-it is easier for beginners to understand the training process... the first time i played and trained my players, i didn't know if my players were improving or not.

-trainer's roles once again can be seen through them announcing the player development.

-you can easily see the other categories that the player improves. (Player 'A' had a boost in skill 'Q' along with skill 'R') or (Player 'C' had a big improvement in skill 'Y', and a fair improvement in skill 'Z') i saw in some thread that while training in a certain category, you improve in some other fields as well, but only minimal... so, maybe this page can also indicate the other skill boosts. in order to feel the other skill boosts as well.

CON's
-well, i can't think of any right now, because thinking of the PRO's alone drained me big time... maybe you can tell the cons...Ü

(forgive me for my crooked english...)

This Post:
12133.2 in reply to 12133.1
Date: 1/11/2008 6:31:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the green arrow/red arrow alone is an effective way to indicate the player's improvement, but i don't know whether it has been announced or not.

That's precisely what it is, the arrows indicate whether or not a skill rose or dropped.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
12133.3 in reply to 12133.2
Date: 1/11/2008 6:37:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah, the only problem that i have is that... the green arrow doesn't stay for that long in the roster page... it may have no problems for me because so far, i play BB daily... but for others who play weekly, maybe they couldn't get to see the training results. so IMO i think my suggestion can be effective for other players who don't regularly play BB.

This Post:
12133.4 in reply to 12133.3
Date: 1/11/2008 6:57:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yeah, the only problem that i have is that... the green arrow doesn't stay for that long in the roster page

It stays for the entire week, until the next training.

so IMO i think my suggestion can be effective for other players who don't regularly play BB.

It may eventually come to pass, but if I had to guess, it's probably not on the front burner.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
12133.5 in reply to 12133.4
Date: 1/11/2008 7:01:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It may eventually come to pass, but if I had to guess, it's probably not on the front burner.

that's fine with me... as long as i contribute to make BB the greatest (yeah, greatest!) basketball online sim in the whole cyber-verse.Ü

This Post:
12133.6 in reply to 12133.1
Date: 1/13/2008 12:33:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Could the Staff report the progress of the team? i.e. the trainer to report the progress of every player who may got a skill pop?

this will be cool, and much easier to follow. ;-)

This Post:
12133.7 in reply to 12133.6
Date: 1/14/2008 12:53:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that should be a supporter feature of some sort.

This Post:
12133.8 in reply to 12133.7
Date: 1/14/2008 10:15:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can't see what's the problem with arrows.. It's easy to use, not complicated...

Well, if Supporters really want reports, I can't see why not... But just don't replace the arrows, please...

This Post:
12133.9 in reply to 12133.1
Date: 1/14/2008 2:42:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would love to get report. Those little arrows are fine, but 1 month later I tend to forget what i have trained the previous month and which players got which pops. If I get a report from my coach I would never delete one of those. At the end of the season i will start making fun on my players, how bad they were at the beginning of the season.^^

This Post:
12133.10 in reply to 12133.9
Date: 1/14/2008 7:53:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
but 1 month later I tend to forget what i have trained the previous month and which players got which pops

I make notes of what I trained each week and who popped. I use Excel. There are free spreadsheets like OpenOffice which will do the job, too.

This Post:
12133.11 in reply to 12133.10
Date: 1/15/2008 8:28:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
but 1 month later I tend to forget what i have trained the previous month and which players got which pops

I make notes of what I trained each week and who popped. I use Excel. There are free spreadsheets like OpenOffice which will do the job, too.

I don't keep track of my pops this far, since I am switching trainingtypes too often, but I'd think that if I found it so important to not forget, I would definatly take notes somehow.

There are tons of ways to do that, I can't see why it should be in-game. Should the BBs start being bored because they have nothing to do, they might program such a thing. Truthfully I doubt this will happen the first decade.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.