BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Arena

Arena

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/17/2009 12:29:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Arena development and management is one of the most fun and challenging aspects of this game for young and developing teams. However, there comes a time when a team's arena reaches maturity and there is very little left to do except complain about not being able to do anything. I think that there should be something added to the arena management that kicks in once a team has reached some benchmark size . The BBs have mentioned some sort of minigame wherein celebrities can be invited to games. That sounds okay. OR perhaps there could be various events scheduled during away dates. They could cost time and money to promote (similar to seat expansion) and then perhaps pay a certain amount every week during the run. for example a one day monster truck pull costs 400000 and 21 days to promote but draws 500-800k. a three week run of the ice capades might take 7 days and 250k to organize but would would pay 100-120k each week for 3 weeks.
Or special promotion nights could take time and money to organize but merch sales go up substantially when they are held.

OR perhaps courtside seats could be upgraded to include cocktail service and prices could be raised above the max.

It is clear that in order to keep the arena management a viable part of the game, something must be added to make it a regular feature and not one that you concentrate on until you reach 20,000 seats and then forget about.

Ideas?

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
123620.2 in reply to 123620.1
Date: 12/17/2009 12:34:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
they should first find solution for the actual system before screwing up more in it, wait and see how the other change developes especially because they don't do calculation in those steps before.

PS: i don't see a rpoint here really, what you plan to do.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 12/17/2009 12:34:36 PM

This Post:
123620.3 in reply to 123620.2
Date: 12/17/2009 1:02:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Sigh.
It is a suggestion thread on how to keep arena management a viable and fun part of the game.
My arena is pretty much set. Adding a few seats to offset a minor change implemented at the start of this season, but after that I won't be adding seats, and only making minor price changes. So I was trying to encourage ideas of ways to continue the playability of the arena management part of the game in a similar money + time = payoff type situation. If you have no ideas or suggestions, no need to post your negativity. But, thanks for stopping by.

Once I scored a basket that still makes me laugh.
This Post:
123620.4 in reply to 123620.1
Date: 12/17/2009 1:04:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This isnt bad idea. I think that this option should be for everyone, not just for big arenas, while it would lineary count with lower prices (20000 arena offers bigger "culture" realisations than 5000). And it could be called somehow universally (which I dont know, because of my english) - the point is that you will offer your space to your town for concerts, arts, ladies fight in chocolate slime or whatever..

The question is how the financial issue would looke like. I think that we have 3 possible options:

You will invest your money (example 500 000) for a season to the company that will clean up stadium and move scenes for you, while you will earn from the town every week 50 000 as a loan. (so you will earn something, while you spent the money earlier)

You will get the money (example 500 000) at the start, while you have to pay every week 50 000 for the issues above. (so you will have money at the start, but in fact you will lose something)

You will invest in decades - every month (while you can choose every month what you will do, but you will not get so much by one or the other way, because companies will not hold on or give you money for that long)

And everyone can choose which of these 3 options at the beginning of the season will pick up or none of them.

This Post:
123620.5 in reply to 123620.4
Date: 12/17/2009 1:31:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont think that the arena should be changed a lot and I dont like the idea of purchasing some temporary attractions to boost your short term income.

However I tthink there should be the possibility to buy or build some extras that cost a lot but will give a nice return in the long run. A possible expansion would allow you to rent your arena x times a season for a congress, concert or some other event. This would require a stadium with 10k+ seats for example.

Training facilities would be nice too, a possible effect of those could be that the cap of a player would raise one level so you could train them further and better. this would benefit smaller countries that dont draft hall of famers all the time and have to rely on a much smaller player base.

This Post:
123620.6 in reply to 123620.3
Date: 12/17/2009 5:21:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i miss the suggestion in it, that it what a mean and those general threads getting confusing in my eye.