BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > 4th Qrt Tactics

4th Qrt Tactics

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/19/2009 10:21:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Would like to have more power during the 4th qrt of matches. Having a prefered line up in different situations such as a Free Throw line-up or 3PT lin-up. Basically set up the line up in the same page to the starting 5 page. Then you can add which players you'd prefer to have on the court in a cetain situation instead of letting the engine decide whats best. I've seen too many bad decisions being made by a coach at cruical times of a match.
Also would like to have an option of playing back-ups if the lead is more then x pts with less then x number of minutes. This could work if winning or losing to not only save starters from getting injuries but to also give other players more minutes for training purposes.

This Post:
124105.2 in reply to 124105.1
Date: 12/19/2009 10:27:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Would like to have more power during the 4th qrt of matches. Having a prefered line up in different situations such as a Free Throw line-up or 3PT lin-up. Basically set up the line up in the same page to the starting 5 page. Then you can add which players you'd prefer to have on the court in a cetain situation instead of letting the engine decide whats best. I've seen too many bad decisions being made by a coach at cruical times of a match.

The GE automatically does this already.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
124105.3 in reply to 124105.2
Date: 12/19/2009 11:40:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not perfectly, thats why I would prefer to set it up myself. Seen to many wrong moves during crucial moments of that final qrt that makes me wonder why those decisions are being made. If we have the control of when it happens and which players we can put in regardless of where that player in set in the starting depth chart, would make more sense then having to watch the computer make those mistakes.

This Post:
124105.4 in reply to 124105.2
Date: 12/19/2009 11:48:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

The GE automatically does this already.

this part

Having a prefered line up in different situations such as a Free Throw line-up or 3PT lin-up.

would be great new tactical feature for this game as i do not like that GE does automatically too.

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=

To: pete
This Post:
124105.5 in reply to 124105.1
Date: 12/19/2009 11:57:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Also would like to have an option of playing back-ups if the lead is more then x pts with less then x number of minutes. This could work if winning or losing to not only save starters from getting injuries but to also give other players more minutes for training purposes.

I remember huge thread about this in the past and the final conclusion after long time arguing was that this would make training to easy. And that is more important then sometimes happening situation (pretty much rare) then 4th and 5th teams has points difference 10 (as example) and 5th team loses just because needed to win game by 11 points, in 4th Q first minutes got 25 lead and just cause of sub won just by 9 points... yes I know this happens, and this would be for me so I would blame everyone, but we have to choose from good and better... I choose better, so it`s harder minutes managing cause BB is more interesting that way.

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=

This Post:
124105.6 in reply to 124105.5
Date: 12/20/2009 7:07:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that we should have a little controll about "what happens if" there. If you can use your determination to prove that not only great players should win, but also tactic matters, it would be excelent implementation. Of course Im not saying that it is not like that right now, but even I notice that every end of the match - some decisions made by coach at the end of the game, are truly for nothing.

Last edited by aigidios at 12/20/2009 7:09:40 AM

This Post:
124105.7 in reply to 124105.5
Date: 12/20/2009 9:01:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

I remember huge thread about this in the past and the final conclusion after long time arguing was that this would make training to easy. And that is more important then sometimes happening situation (pretty much rare) then 4th and 5th teams has points difference 10 (as example) and 5th team loses just because needed to win game by 11 points, in 4th Q first minutes got 25 lead and just cause of sub won just by 9 points... yes I know this happens, and this would be for me so I would blame everyone, but we have to choose from good and better... I choose better, so it`s harder minutes managing cause BB is more interesting that way.

If I had the control and this happened to me then I can only blame myself for not doing it right. I know it happens rarely, but this will help us improve and come playoffs, its even more important to have something like this in the game. Win or lose, atleast by having some control, you can say my best team was out there for a particular situation, and either you are better or you are not.

This Post:
124105.8 in reply to 124105.7
Date: 12/20/2009 10:02:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
the game is simulated and the outcome worked out before you can even watch the game thus if any option like this was to be made the computer would still be in control of when to put in these different line ups.
i do like the idea though about setting line ups for certain situations .
id also like to be able to set tactics for each quarter.

This Post:
124105.9 in reply to 124105.8
Date: 12/21/2009 12:49:13 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
the game is simulated and the outcome worked out before you can even watch the game thus if any option like this was to be made the computer would still be in control of when to put in these different line ups.
i do like the idea though about setting line ups for certain situations .

The only differnce is that the coaches decision for which players are in the game get overridden and it takes all that into consideration whilst simming.

id also like to be able to set tactics for each quarter.

This will make it to difficult to defend against and you will see some unrealistic results.

Last edited by pete at 12/21/2009 12:52:10 AM

This Post:
124105.10 in reply to 124105.9
Date: 12/21/2009 10:35:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
yer true it would

This Post:
124105.11 in reply to 124105.4
Date: 12/31/2009 6:10:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Having a prefered line up in different situations such as a Free Throw line-up or 3PT lin-up.

would be great new tactical feature for this game as i do not like that GE does automatically too.

Yes, it does.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."