BB USA > Operation Organized Spam

Operation Organized Spam

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/11/2010 7:38:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Guys and Gals,

It's time we started doing something to get our community to grow. We've seen it done in HongKong and as I mentioned in my previous post its time that we took control of BB as the number one user base. Not only will this make our leagues more exciting, but this will also strengthen out National Teams, and give us a larger pool of rookies every season.

Our first step needs to be the same as what the Hong Kong members did, an organized spam attack. We need to get the word out about BB in every place we can. What we need is people to take 5-10 minutes out of your day and post about Buzzerbeater on every sports forum, gaming forum, and any other kind of forum you post on. The more places we can tap into the better. I have put up a generic post on RealGM everyone is welcome to take that post cut and paste it and just toss your name on the end http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=....

In order for this to be a Organized Spam Attack we should try to post about BB in the appropriate areas on the forum so the posts don't get deleted immediately. When you make a post please post a link in this thread and I will keep a list so we can see what forums have been hit on what dates and keep attacking them periodically.

I will be trying to get this up anywhere I can find, if you can take the time out of your day to help, your community and BuzzerBeater would greatly appreciate it.

Thank You

This Post:
143687.3 in reply to 143687.2
Date: 5/13/2010 8:46:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm in

ESPN Fantasy Basketball Forum
http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sType=mblist&st=1&sport=fanboard&id=fba

This Post:
143687.4 in reply to 143687.3
Date: 5/13/2010 9:24:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perfect I'm waiting for my membership to be approved on a bunch of other boards so I can start posting more.

Edit: To everyone else, See how easy that was? All he had to do was post an already written blurb and post it for us which will result in an increased exposure for our amazing game.

Last edited by FatCurry at 5/13/2010 9:26:04 AM

To: red
This Post:
143687.6 in reply to 143687.5
Date: 5/13/2010 12:59:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Insidehoops.com
basketballforums.com
nbadimensions.net
collegehoopsnet.com
binarybasketball.com
rootzoo.com

Have at it.

This Post:
143687.8 in reply to 143687.7
Date: 5/13/2010 2:36:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Realgm.com was the first one I did (See Link in original Post) I'll check out the forum though I bet after the Cavs lose to the Celtics tonight and then lebron leaves down the forum will be pretty dead (permanently)

This Post:
143687.10 in reply to 143687.8
Date: 5/13/2010 4:55:28 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
And in addition to them not losing yet, Lebron won't leave. Even if he does, he would be unwise to join the Knicks. They will be hard pressed to put together a supporting cast beyond the one or two players they can bring in because of LBJ.

Admittedly, a lot of Cavs fans are actually just Lebron fans (how many Bulls fans were there in the 90s?). However, I watched them before and will watch them after. I definately follow them more now, but I attribute it to this: Basketball, like baseball and hockey, are hard to watch imo until the playoffs. No playoffs = less following.

/thread_hijack

PS - I will try to get in contact with a few football sim forums I used to frequent. Those guys would fit in well here.