BuzzerBeater Forums

BB Cyprus > [NT]Cyprus vs Italy

[NT]Cyprus vs Italy

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/12/2010 1:23:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
99-123. (11107) Since we didnt had a single chance to win that game i chose to play TIE same as Italy. A game that was giving me the chance to test a few things, but the bad GS of a key players didnt allow me to do it. My goal it was not embarrassing loss, and my opinion we had a semi success. I would be happy if the loss was coming with under 20, but for sure it wasnt all that bad.

Our best players? Dramalis by far. 41 points 17-32 5 asists 4 rebs and and Kaliasis with 13-7. Our next game is against Eesti who won Romania 115-101.

This Post:
151471.2 in reply to 151471.1
Date: 7/12/2010 2:03:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Since JohnnyB commented on the Nt match i will comment on the U21 match. Since I do not usually talk about the games i am going to do it to stress one thing. But let me come to my point later.

On the game now an Embarrassing loss from a way better team than the team we have now and us we are going the teams we will have in the future. The loss was expected but not such a big loss. We have though prepared the team for the next game. Will this also be a disaster? I cannot say that any of our players had a good game. Some stats for the game. 37 (thrityseven) turnovers talk on their own. 27 personal fouls. On the opposing end 34 (thirtyfour) steals. 29 (twentynine) offensive rebounds. 10 players with double digit points. All players with above 10 rating. What does that say about our team? I let you decide. One good spot? PG SG and Sf had more points per shot than the opposing team. However sometimes they were just forgetting that to shoot you had to have the ball.

Did I use bad tactics? It is for you to decide and send me your recommendations. I can accept constructive criticism. But I cannot accept someone just telling i did something wrong when all they did was look at the score.

Now to my point expressed before. Cyprus has a few active coaches who are trying their best to make a good NT. With the current players , a simple comparison with any other U21, we can see that we are lacking behind. Why? Some seasons of not training Cypriots did the trick. How do we go forward? One way and one way only. Train Cypriots the best way we can. If you are not planning on training players with potential selll them. A good manager will be there to train them. Listen to advices from older players. Support their time and work they place to make Cyprus a better team, a team that was once respected by all other BB countries. With everyones work we can do this, we can place Cyprus back on the BB map.

I let you think of what you would like Cyprus to be in the next few seasons. Everyone interested in helping the effort placed by some people please send a bbmail to me or JohnnyB so that we can assign you with some duties. If you have a wuestion dont hesitate to ask. We are happy to help because by helping you we help Cyprus grow, community grow, friendships grow.

This Post:
151471.3 in reply to 151471.2
Date: 7/16/2010 1:19:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It is obvious that only a few domestic managers are interested in our NT. And those who are (including me) are not giving their best for training their young talents. For example I have two young players which I am trying to train but not as hard as I can. I try to give them week after week 48 minutes but in a two position training plan since I am trying to increase my other players aswell. So as you can see I am trying to train my cypriots but not as hard as I can since I am not training a one position tactic. Nevertheless I try, in contrast to many of the other managers that just let their talents untrained.
What both our NT coaches said is correct. Train your domestic players or sell them to someone that will. There is no point in keeping an 18 year old players with a salary of 5000 if you are not going to train him and train him good (week after week). If you have other plans for your team just sell him and get more money to strengthen up your team.

ps: Remember that having a player in the NT will increase your income (merchandise). You want more money to buy better players? Train a NT player, as easy as that.

Pistoleros out.