Suggestions > 1-on-1 Tournament

1-on-1 Tournament

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/13/2010 6:15:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was thinking a once a season tournament for each Division

A team can participate by entering one and only one PG, SG or SF (I dont think a PG vs C really makes sense)and they have to have MVP potential or higher to join.

The tournament could be a basketball game against 2 players and it could still be the same as watching a games but with only 2 players and maybe just 3-5 minutes until the last player wins and how they play are still decided by how good their skills are.

It's just a little tourny for top players going against other top players in your division. It could be for getting some quick cash, maybe 3k-5k per win, and it can provide us managers how our top player do against other top players and see how good we really are. And I dont think it hurts anything in the game either.

Last edited by Spade at 8/13/2010 6:18:23 PM

This Post:
154170.2 in reply to 154170.1
Date: 8/13/2010 6:29:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
A team can participate by entering one and only one PG, SG or SF (I dont think a PG vs C really makes sense)and they have to have MVP potential or higher to join.

also those palayers could have huge difference, when this one on one contest isn't a second three point contest.

And why they should have a huge Potential? A star Player could be a MVP of a low league, and damn there are so much undeveloped MVP+ players who even work as fillers in those low level teams.

The tournament could be a basketball game against 2 players and it could still be the same as watching a games but with only 2 players and maybe just 3-5 minutes until the last player wins and how they play are still decided by how good their skills are.

It's just a little tourny for top players going against other top players in your division. It could be for getting some quick cash, maybe 3k-5k per win, and it can provide us managers how our top player do against other top players and see how good we really are. And I dont think it hurts anything in the game either.

no you won't get a image of how good your star players, because this one on one match will have a own match mechanic because it won't make a difference if you atrocious or legendary passing etc. Also the importance of IS and Rebounding should be lot higher then is normally is for your shooting guard etc. So it would be a totally different game, maybe funny but honestly i don't need it.

This Post:
154170.3 in reply to 154170.1
Date: 8/13/2010 8:38:04 PM
LionPride
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
I like it because it could add to the all star week.

16 teams that means 4 rounds. So we could do seeding based on salary(highest salary gets highest seed and so forth). And highest salary doesn't mean best so it is very possible to get some upsets. If(I stress if) there is any prize it can be a merchandise increase

Option A: We could do Sunday Round of 16, Monday round of 8, Tuesday round of 4, and Wednesday, before 3 point conest, we could do final round.

OptionB: All matchups are run on Wednesday before 3 point shooting conest

Last edited by oriolekid at 8/13/2010 9:55:51 PM