BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Some chemistry please!

Some chemistry please!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/14/2010 3:28:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if this has been suggested before but I would love it if some sort of team chemistry factor were introduced. Not necessarily some rating we can see as managers but just some sort of hidden variable that would reward teams for keeping players together over a long time. It would also discourage day trading and make team building fun and involving. Games would be a tad bit more unpredictable too. I think it would add a great new dimension to this game.

This Post:
154256.2 in reply to 154256.1
Date: 8/14/2010 3:31:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
like higher visitor and merchandise income?

This Post:
154256.3 in reply to 154256.2
Date: 8/14/2010 3:40:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
There you go...another benefit. In fact, it could work both ways - if your team has poor chemistry and you don't make changes then fans would get upset and income would go down.

This Post:
154256.4 in reply to 154256.1
Date: 8/14/2010 3:56:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I thought about it too. I have 4 Spain players in team, two from France, Canadian, American.. So almost everyone can get a friend easily I think

This Post:
154256.5 in reply to 154256.1
Date: 8/14/2010 8:37:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i agree with chemistry, it makes sense. when players play together for long time, for 3-4 seasons and beyond, it's natural for chemistry to be made. also it gives incentive to keep your players longer.

To: JON
This Post:
154256.6 in reply to 154256.5
Date: 8/15/2010 4:07:51 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Chemistry has been suggested many times before. It would only strenghten the older teams. Thus making it even harder for new teams to catch up. We already have a income bonus from "chemistry", there are 2 fan surveys concerning buying and selling. There is no need for more.

This Post:
154256.8 in reply to 154256.6
Date: 8/15/2010 1:37:37 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I understand your point but I disagree. I think a small in-game effect wouldn't be such a terrible thing. New managers would get used to the idea pretty easily since it applies to real life, in fact they'd probably come into this game with that assumption. And they'll enjoy putting teams together and taking them to the next level all that much more.

This chemistry factor need not be a cumulative thing, it should provide diminishing returns, so getting close to peak chemistry should not take very long and additional time spent keeping the same team together would only provide marginally higher chemistry. I think its a workable thing and would really get players of the game more emotionally involved with their teams.

This Post:
154256.9 in reply to 154256.8
Date: 8/16/2010 12:36:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It will create more unpredictable outcomes. Something you can not measure. We have experience, we have aggressivness and we have the fan survey for your teams recent sells/assignings. Adding something just for adding is not needed. I suggest you search the forums for those chemistry suggestions. I would rather see BB-s adding some jersey color stuff or fix some bugs instead of some unpredictable marginal effect.

This Post:
154256.10 in reply to 154256.1
Date: 8/16/2010 1:41:49 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know if this has been suggested before but I would love it if some sort of team chemistry factor were introduced. Not necessarily some rating we can see as managers but just some sort of hidden variable that would reward teams for keeping players together over a long time. It would also discourage day trading and make team building fun and involving. Games would be a tad bit more unpredictable too. I think it would add a great new dimension to this game.

It is an interesting thought, but it has its flaws.

To build up "chemistry" in RL is certainly much more complicated than just letting the same players play together for a long time. Actually if you keep the same team without any shanges for several years the player will probably start to get lazy, loose inspiration, and chemistry will start to go down as players start to get tired of each other. Thus, just saying that having the same roster for a long enough time would increase chemistry is not correct.

Furthermore if focusing of the game this would benefit inactive teams rather than active teams, and I'm sure that inactivity is not good for the game longterm.

Therefore if chemistry would be introduced it should be more refined than waht you suggest. It should emulate real life effects while at the same benefitting the kind of usage that is likely to be benefitial for the game on longterm (i.e. the right "level and kind of activity" by users).

I'm not sure how to accomplish this though.

This Post:
154256.11 in reply to 154256.10
Date: 8/16/2010 2:48:36 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Perhaps it could be based on the results of the games. If these players together win or lose some tight games, their cooperation level can be increased. If they lose badly, is natural that they will fight with each other who did most mistakes. Easy winning strikes also can decrease that level, because they get lazy and lack the motivation.

So after several games you could see on players profile which player he prefer most and which he actually unlike. So at the beginning of the season these things could be reseted and after a while, some results, they can start to show things like that. Point is that you will not see everything, just most pronounced relationships.

Last edited by aigidios at 8/16/2010 2:49:37 PM