BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Daily Competitions

Daily Competitions

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/26/2010 7:17:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
BB is a great game and has got a lot of things completly right. But it can always be improved.

One of the problems is there isn't as much incentive for lots of players to log in every day as there is with some other games where you don't have to spend long but you do need to just drop in to get the next part of your empire moving. The other peoblem is for new players is they are often stuck in lower leagues dealing with nothing but bots and dropping out of the game at a huge rate. There are the players we need to keep and I have some suggestions for them.

Remember during the World Cup how we had ongoing competitions and surveys almost every day? Things like this add excitement and fun to the game. If more people are logging in each day isn't that more advertising revenue? isn't that good for the game?

There should also be a daily post from the BBs. There are 5 or 6 of them I think. Surely each day one of them could dedicate 5 minutes to just writing something on the news. It could be as simple as what they are working on. A plan for the future. A piece of BB news from NT competitions or BBB. A survey is good.

There are lots of daily competitions that could be run but here is just one suggestion.

The NBA season is starting soon how about a daily prediction/tipping competition?

I am normally against ideas that require a lot of coding, but the basics were there from the world cup, it would just be a lot of work putting all the matches in.

This could work in a ton of ways, people might have to pick the results of every game, or there could be a "game of the day" which is the only one that mattered.

How will this excite and keep people interested? Prizes! Now I am not suggesting that the BBs give away anything that will cost them actual money but they have the power to do lots of things that are cool.

First there can be league tables for predictions, but don't just put everyone in the world together that is way too difficult to keep anyone new or average interested, instead there should be league tables for each division in each country. So Australia division I, Australia division II, Australia division III. There could be random weekly prizes as well as better end of season prizes.

So what are some "free" prizes the BBs could give?
1) 1 months free Supporter
2) A trophy
3) Name a draft pick - checked by a GM
4) Give an existing player a "Nickname" - checked by a GM
5) A special "title" after their coaches name (needs to be optionally switched off)
5) Small in game cash prize - $100,000 at the end of an entire season for the winner wouldn't affect the games balance in more than a trivial way but would still be nice. Perhaps It could go up $50,000 per division above the bottom one.

Last edited by yodabig at 9/26/2010 7:20:18 PM

To: RiP
This Post:
158009.3 in reply to 158009.2
Date: 9/26/2010 8:44:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that there is only a 1/1,000,000 chance of it happening but I am just suggesting things that could help promote the game. Obviously if he coding was a big problem it would never happen. In terms of running it I am sure there woud be someone out there (not me) who would be interested enoug to run it for free.

I don't think the load on the GMs would be that much, the idea was one name/nickname per level of competition per country, so for Australia there would be 4 names to check, for Spain 6 etc.

Thanks for the sensible feedback.

This Post:
158009.4 in reply to 158009.1
Date: 9/27/2010 7:43:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would love NBA prediction competition. Good suggestion.