BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > NT staff, Season 14

NT staff, Season 14

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/11/2010 4:56:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So, in response to some of the debate in the u21 election thread, I thought I'd try to get some people more "officially" involved in the NT process. This also stems from the fact that I've gotten busy with a number of things this fall, and would love to have some people involved in several aspects of the NT to help lighten the load.

My concern in doing this is that people will feel like if they don't join the staff, they can't be involved in the NT--this is not AT ALL the case! Game planning will still be a community effort on the offsite, and I will continue to solicit input from all corners of the bb-usa community. My goal here is to find a couple interested people to help in a few behind-the-scenes roles, and in doing some "community outreach" type stuff to help grow interest in the NT.

That said, here are the roles I'm interested in filling:

NT reporter - Someone (or at most 2) to write up brief recaps of NT games in this forum (not offsite). Would be beneficial to be able to watch the games live. Basically, someone to keep us all up to date on who's playing well, who's been slumping, and how we're faring against the competition.

Foreign player scout - We've had a couple people doing this, and I'm hopeful they'll continue, but we can add a few more here as well. Someone to keep an eye on the TL for NT players around the world, so when it comes time to play against them, we can make some informed guesses.

Opposition scouting - Two or three people interested in generating some of the preliminary game plan information. Things like, current roster of our next opponent, what their GS is like, what tactics they've used recently (and with what success), etc. Similar (but hopefully with more detail, and further in advance) to what I've been trying to do at the start of each game plan on the offsite.

Domestic scouting - Several people to act as liaisons to owners of promising US players, to help us keep track of who's training, what sort of training players are getting, to make sure they know we're interested in their player(s), and to offer assistance if any is desired. Not trying to be heavy handed in pressuring owners to do anything against their interests, but much more oriented towards keeping our records updated, so that when it's time to add players to our rosters, we can be as informed as possible. Once the u21 election is over, I'll discuss this role with the u21 coach as well, since I think this will also be useful (maybe more so) for players <21.

If anyone's interested in these or has more questions about what they'd involved, either post here or send me a bb-mail. If there are other jobs people would be interested in that I haven't thought of, I'm open to creating more positions as well.

This Post:
160629.2 in reply to 160629.1
Date: 10/11/2010 6:05:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would be possibly interested in the NT reporter slot, but it maybe would be best to have two, as I'm not sure I know all the aspects properly, I played BB in the past, but I am still re learning all the current information on tactics, training and other efficiency's of BB.

If you would like some more information on me, feel free to ask, and I could do some example write ups if necessary, sorry if I didn't provide much information, as I did not want the response to be lengthy for I don't know all the concepts of what is needed.

This Post:
160629.3 in reply to 160629.1
Date: 10/11/2010 6:18:17 PM
LionPride
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Domestic Scouting if you'd have me

As you know I'm already pretty active on the off-site forum, and recently bumped the Scouting Assignments thread there because I've been longing for a job like this.

Last edited by oriolekid at 10/11/2010 6:18:28 PM

This Post:
160629.4 in reply to 160629.3
Date: 10/11/2010 7:45:45 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Idc what i do i just wanna get more involved with the NT. Ive followed the off site for the last couple seasons tryin to get a mindset for this level of play without sounding stupid in the meantime but im feelin ok bout my knowledge now

This Post:
160629.5 in reply to 160629.2
Date: 10/11/2010 8:10:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would be possibly interested in the NT reporter slot, but it maybe would be best to have two, as I'm not sure I know all the aspects properly, I played BB in the past, but I am still re learning all the current information on tactics, training and other efficiency's of BB.

If you would like some more information on me, feel free to ask, and I could do some example write ups if necessary, sorry if I didn't provide much information, as I did not want the response to be lengthy for I don't know all the concepts of what is needed.

Hi Prizzle, I actually think for this position, a knowledge of basketball in general is more important than a great knowledge of BB. I'm really looking for someone who can just give people a bit of a recap of the games, who played well, who didn't, etc. Doesn't need any great in depth discussion of tactics or other BB-specific minutia.

This Post:
160629.6 in reply to 160629.5
Date: 10/11/2010 8:57:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
wozz...I would be happy to help with this for games that I am available to watch.

I have some irl experience writing up games for my local paper and did play-by-play on the radio for a long time too. Writing up a summary after the game would be fun and pretty easy. If it is something that would be a value, then I would really enjoy doing it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

This Post:
160629.7 in reply to 160629.5
Date: 10/11/2010 8:59:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I wouldn't mind being a domestic scout... I like to follow the progress of trainees alot, but if I had to choose between doing it for NT and u21 I'd choose u21 but I could do both..

This Post:
160629.8 in reply to 160629.5
Date: 10/11/2010 9:44:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah I would be interested in doing something like thing, i'm a pretty big basketball fan(Although i'd say football would be my primary sport), and have a knowledge of the game.

BFiddy seems to be more experienced than me, so if you would like me to fill a slot such as the 2nd reporter slot, and if he were to do the recap/summaries of games, I could do other side stories or reporting, if interested I could also do(if BFiddy were to cover U.S. games) some recaps on the united states competition/near by countries, like say for example a recap on the upcoming Portugal-Hong Kong game or Hong Kong-Senegal, or some of the interesting games in the other pools, like I saw Iran and Brazil having a close game today, http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/12166/boxscore.aspx with Iran making the interesting decision to put more effort into it.

Just lemme know what you think, I'm up for whatever.

This Post:
160629.9 in reply to 160629.8
Date: 10/11/2010 10:10:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
that actually sounds like a real good idea like a sort of USA reporter for training updates game performances and a international one to keep up with happenings of that sort

This Post:
160629.10 in reply to 160629.1
Date: 10/11/2010 10:21:12 PM
New York Jests
IV.30
Overall Posts Rated:
Ehhhh down for whatever, per usual. Despite my mediocre club performance, I should probably get more involved in the scouting/tactical aspects but I'm always involved in the scouting/training.

This Post:
160629.11 in reply to 160629.10
Date: 10/11/2010 10:24:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're gonna get all the good people like Rambo before the U21 team gets a chance. Cheat.