BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > national tournament

national tournament

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/12/2010 4:52:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just find it odd that we are already battling teams from our own national during the regular season, and have to battle them again during the tournament
The only other way to play against other countries is by scrimmage and private leagues, or if you are good enough, through B3

I think it would be good for the game if there was a way to install more patriotism than just NT games
I would like to suggest a modification to the current national tournament set-up

It would basically follow a similar set-up to the current national tournament with a mash of the current NT scheduling:

season 1:
- same cup configuration as now, but the top 32, 64 or whatever teams qualify for the continental cup held next season
season 2:
- instead of the usual repeated national cup, there are now 2 tournaments
- 1 being the consolation tournament for all the teams that weren't in the top 32, 64, or whatever from the previous year's national tournament
- the other top teams (from past season's national tournament) in the same continent will participate in their separate tournament to see which country has the best team
season 3:
- repeat season 1

the details can be worked out if BB likes the idea:
- maybe it doesn't have to be continental tournament in season 2, but a world tournament, or a random draw between 2 countries
- how many top seeds to draw
- have all participants in the continental cup awarded prize money for participating to discourage teams from tanking their national tournament in season 1 to win the consolation tournament in season 2
- have B3 happen every 2 seasons drawn out from the top seed from whichever tournament

This Post:
160752.2 in reply to 160752.1
Date: 10/13/2010 1:50:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Play PL.

This Post:
160752.3 in reply to 160752.2
Date: 10/18/2010 12:37:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Play PL.

hm. I think this is a rather short answer to the suggestion that doesn't realy quit fills the hole.
The suggester has mentioned PL, so he has no message in reading "play PL" . but ok.

Continental tournaments for teams sounds fun. As in soccer there is champions league UEFA cup and sorts, I think that next to the B3, there can be room for more.
For instance a continental cup as proposed. It could field the loosing national cup team from each country in the continent + each loosing finalist from the first leagues PO to start with. If there is room for more each champ from division II might be added...
I see room to work out this idea. It sounds fun to me...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
160752.4 in reply to 160752.3
Date: 10/19/2010 10:32:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
yea I actually got the idea from UEFA

its just my opinion, but how can you build a strong community when you face nothing but teams from your same country the whole time?
- let's face it, newer managers aren't going to be exactly active with the national teams
- only the elite teams get into B3
- not everyone wants to pay for supporter
- and 99% of the time scrimmages are meaningless

This Post:
160752.5 in reply to 160752.1
Date: 10/19/2010 2:29:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
this is one of the best suggestions ever made.

!zazhigai!
This Post:
160752.6 in reply to 160752.4
Date: 10/20/2010 11:44:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
- and 99% of the time scrimmages are meaningless

they truely aren't, they are very meaningfull, but just in ways of training. Indeed the scrimmage will often be used to try to make the best of the minutes for the team's players. Not to try to win the game.
So I understand your point, it's just a little to generally expressed.

The best way for a strong community there is right now is the forums. It doesn't matter which country you are from, in global everyone can join in and become part of the worldwide community.

But not everyone likes forums...

On the other hand, by just playing games against other countries teams, whitout using forums or other conversation, there will be no sence of community either...

But ok, the idea on it's own is very good. If not for community, then for the funfactor.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.