BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Buy out option.

Buy out option.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/28/2010 8:38:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some people dont have all the time in the world to be on this site so I think having a "buy out option" for players on the market is a good idea. What the buy out option will do is instead of waiting 3 days to bid on a player you can buy him out then and there. But the price will be much higher then what his EV is. I know for some this wouldnt be a good idea because then people will worry about friends transferring quick money to one another ect ect.

Basically you can come up with a formula much like you do with salaries for players and there will be a buy out option on the player.

Now I know you would then say "well this can help cheaters now when trying to transfer money" and that is true, but with the "Cheater tool" you can manage to many teams buying out with each other.

Then you will say what about when someone creates a new account and just keeps transferring money. Well you can put in an option that doesnt allow you to buy out players until you have managed a team for a whole season. Or however long BB wants to make it.

This Post:
162622.2 in reply to 162622.1
Date: 10/28/2010 10:02:40 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You have already pointed out the flaws to this idea.

It becomes too easy for people to cheat and while we like to think everything is reported, not everything is and cheating does exist. Giving cheaters more tools and making it easier to cheat is going to be the major downfall of this idea.

This Post:
162622.3 in reply to 162622.1
Date: 10/29/2010 4:23:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Now I know you would then say "well this can help cheaters now when trying to transfer money" and that is true, but with the "Cheater tool" you can manage to many teams buying out with each other.

which cheater tool ;) And 50% orf my rooster don#t have any tpe, so you could trick every cheater tool with such players *gg

Some people dont have all the time in the world to be on this site so I think having a "buy out option" for players on the market is a good idea. What the buy out option will do is instead of waiting 3 days to bid on a player you can buy him out then and there. But the price will be much higher then what his EV is. I know for some this wouldnt be a good idea because then people will worry about friends transferring quick money to one another ect ect.

when you bid much ore then the player is worth early on a player you normally get him, and you don't have to be online even when the auction is running out.

And users still could see, if maybe the price need a little fix because he is way to much ;)

Last edited by CrazyEye at 10/29/2010 4:24:39 AM

This Post:
162622.4 in reply to 162622.1
Date: 11/5/2010 4:10:48 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
This is pretty much a "noidea". For one, you don't have to be on the site for all the time in the world -- just for a short period of time when the player you're interested in sells. Also, you can simulate the "buy out" option by directly bidding the maximum you're willing to pay for a player.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
162622.5 in reply to 162622.4
Date: 11/6/2010 8:49:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
As far as I understand this should be something like a "buy it now"-option that is availiable on eBay.

I understand this might be helpful sometimes, but how do you define the markup that has to be paid for instant transfers (+who gets this money)?

For example:
Player is listed for 1.000.000 and a buy-him now price of 2.000.000 - the instabuy would be much more expensive (as demanded) and at the same time much more lucrative for the seller, which at the same time would result in a drop in demand for such transactions...

I would only buy such a player if I was sure that the price paid was near the market value, otherwise I would search for another option. And to be honest at the moment there are not many unique player types left, so an alternative is waiting around the corner everytime...

This Post:
162622.6 in reply to 162622.5
Date: 11/6/2010 9:21:58 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This would be a great tool for cheaters. No thanks...

This Post:
162622.7 in reply to 162622.6
Date: 11/6/2010 8:32:48 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
The "buy it now" option only helps a bidder who can't always be on line, it doesn't help the seller at all since the seller would rather get the highest bid (that is unless he just can't wait for the sale to occur. But if that's the case, then it would be better to suggest giving a seller the option of limiting the duration of the time a player is on the T).

The bottom line reason why this is not a good direction to go: If you're willing to "buy it now" at a certain price, and you think it's the right market value offer, just bid that amount when you're able to be online. If someone outbids you, well you just didn't put in your best offer.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!