BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > "Face of the Franchise"

"Face of the Franchise"

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/29/2010 7:36:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I was thinking implementing an idea called "face of the franchise". Basically what this idea does is. You nominate a young player 18-19 years old you got from the draft as "your face of the franchise." Meaning your telling your fans this is the guy were building around and he will be a star. Now with this promise your fans will go out and by his jerseys and what not(higher merchandise).

So as this player progresses in his career(gets better) the higher your merchandise sales go up. If and when you sell this player/cut him your merchandise takes a hit. Now depending on when you sell this guy(in his prime or way past his prime) depends on how big of a merchandise hit you take.

This will add more fun to the draft to adding a "face of the franchise" and also adds more then just drafting a player and putting him straight on the market for someone to buy.

The rules would be you can only have one "face of the franchise" player on your team. He MUST of been drafted by you.

This Post:
162715.2 in reply to 162715.1
Date: 10/29/2010 9:37:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i totally disagree with your details but i like the title of this thread

instead i think this should be a cosmetic only supporter feature, you can nominate a current player to be the face of the franchise, then when you click on the teams page you see a picture of that player and his career highlights just like in your hall of fame, but it must be a current player

This Post:
162715.3 in reply to 162715.2
Date: 10/29/2010 9:48:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont it gives more reason to draft and keep the players you draft instead of just shipping them and buying more players. Having to many "supporter only features" will just drive away people that cant afford supporter. Having it the way your saying doesnt give it any meaning other then "yeah this is my best player". At least with my suggestion it effects something.

This Post:
162715.4 in reply to 162715.3
Date: 10/29/2010 10:15:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It changes the dynamic of the game too much. And you are failing to see the situation for wining teams. Winning teams don't usually keep their drafted players because by the time they get to pick, most of the talent is gone.

Why would you want to have a "Face of the franchise" on a 18 year old bench warmer which you just picked off the draft?

This Post:
162715.6 in reply to 162715.3
Date: 10/29/2010 11:06:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The top level people in the higher leagues will have a tough time with this. I have bad drafts so this is unfair to people who usually rank near the top every season.

Can you smell what the Hobos are cooking... oh wait its just Roger. (18085274)
Message deleted
This Post:
162715.8 in reply to 162715.6
Date: 10/30/2010 12:09:04 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Lol wow. All the its not fair because I cant get it. You dont have to make a player the face of the franchise. It can be an option, and you dont have to use it. I just find it funny that because your a "top" team you think your getting punished because of it lol. You guys are saying "no im a top team this scares me to much".

This Post:
162715.9 in reply to 162715.8
Date: 11/1/2010 5:39:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You dont have to make a player the face of the franchise. It can be an option, and you dont have to use it.

So giving them an advantage? What do people get if they don't use this option?

I just find it funny that because your a "top" team you think your getting punished because of it lol. You guys are saying "no im a top team this scares me to much".

It seems to me that the ABBL has an even worse draft. Yes the draft is random but the people who do well in their league will miss out on a good draftee because if there were any good draftees, POOF! All gone.
You just need to land about 3rd-5th and you're still guaranteed a good draftee. I may not be the top of my league this season but this is my first div2 season.

If you were able to make any player from anywhere your main man, maybe the 500k salary monsters might be loved a bit more.

Can you smell what the Hobos are cooking... oh wait its just Roger. (18085274)
This Post:
162715.10 in reply to 162715.1
Date: 11/5/2010 12:05:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So as this player progresses in his career(gets better) the higher your merchandise sales go up. If and when you sell this player/cut him your merchandise takes a hit.

All of the suggested functionality already exists in the game without nominating anyone. Want to have a "face of the franchise"? Draft a great player and train him, or go on the transfer list and spend some money on a NT regular. I don't see a need to add any specific designations for this.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."