BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > "Face of the Franchise" Part.II

"Face of the Franchise" Part.II

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 10/29/2010 11:28:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
In my experience and from everything I've heard from forum-goers, the fan survey response for the "I am familiar with the star players, and am not afraid that they will be transferred" statement is illogical. Every player is promoted as a star player and if they're put up for sale or sold, your survey response will suffer as a result. It's unlikely that if you're active or have played for multiple seasons that you'll have more than a 1-2 ball response in this category. And this hurts your merchandising profits. I don't know if more money is good for the economy, though.

Maybe you can designate 1, 3, or 5 players (I'm very nonspecific in a number) as your star players or franchise building blocks who can aid in the fan survey response for the "I am familiar with the star players, and am not afraid that they will be transferred" statement.

Additionally, maybe a cosmetic feature can go along with it. You can put players in a vault similar to the HOF. I like the idea of promoting franchise players and it could be a fun idea for some users. Supporter only? Couldn't hurt.

This Post:
162722.2 in reply to 162722.1
Date: 10/30/2010 12:11:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If its supporter only like this then your giving a team to much of an advantage. A game like this shouldnt be "if you have supporter you will be superior to all." This is one reason why GLB is failing because if you dont pay to play you wont even compete. If a game wants to attract more and more users, dont let them feel they have to pay to be competitive.

I do like the idea I just think having it supporter only would hurt in the long run.

This Post:
162722.3 in reply to 162722.2
Date: 10/30/2010 1:40:11 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Supporter for the cosmetic feature only. Just the player vault. Every user would have the option to designate star players.

This Post:
162722.4 in reply to 162722.1
Date: 10/30/2010 2:18:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's unlikely that if you're active or have played for multiple seasons that you'll have more than a 1-2 ball response in this category.

That is incorrect, unless by active you mean someone who keeps on selling a lot of players. I have 4.5 in this category and 4 in the following one.

This Post:
162722.5 in reply to 162722.4
Date: 10/30/2010 3:38:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
wow it has been nearly 3 months since you made a major change and you are #2 in your nation

impressive, the "gm wins" button really does work well

Message deleted
This Post:
162722.7 in reply to 162722.6
Date: 10/30/2010 4:58:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would love to see something like this happen - maybe this could look like a team overview in NBA2k10 where you see the top 3 players on a teams overview site, so you know who the most "dangerous/valuable/popular..." opponent players are.

I hate to see the fan survey category go down every time I sell an underperforming player or a low-potential scrub who has no chance to develop into a formidable player on your team.

This Post:
162722.8 in reply to 162722.7
Date: 10/30/2010 6:19:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think is normal that management of team prefers and publicize some names more often than the others. Fans have to know that some players really are a contribution for the team, because they can do this and that. It is the way how they can focus better on their qualities, because normally it doesnt work like that everyone can evaluate what is best for a team by himself. Is normal that fans are pointing out comments made by media and staff management.

It is probably a way which can lead into much more interesting game as we know it. Well, the workout of fan-survey seems kind of illogical in this and might be true contribution if you could define which players you are considering as a biggest stars for every position. So you define best PG, C, SF,... I dont know, like 3-7 which means they are stars in any way (can do something special) and might happen that more stars will shine in that game, better merchandise you get or something like that.

Which also means that if you offer for sale player like that, fans can get angry, especially if they were flattered about him. This thing could go so far that if you would promise them tha instead of him there will be even better player (you have to modify structure of a team for the future), they could like you more in the future if you were right.

This Post:
162722.9 in reply to 162722.8
Date: 10/30/2010 10:34:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't see the problem with this. As someone said, he's top2 in his country and has 4 balls in this category.
If most top teams have 2 or less balls in the category, it doesn't matter, they're still top teams, so you shouldn't give too much importance to what fans think.
If, however, you want full support from fans, it's just another incentive for developing your draftees instead of selling them, which is a good thing.

"Air is beautiful, yet you cannot see it. It's soft, yet you cannot touch it. Air is a little like my brain." - Jean-Claude Van Damme
This Post:
162722.10 in reply to 162722.9
Date: 10/30/2010 11:10:31 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I thnk it is not about draftees or about whos in the top. It is not that simple. There is probably some kind of fine line between-

I am familiar with the star players, and am not afraid that they will be transferred

and

The general manager is doing everything he can to try to improve the team

So if you will be active by trading your players, fans will appreciate that as well as they will dont like it (because theirs stars are sold) at the same time. Its some kind of twisted mechanism which will be satisfied one way or another, however I think that you can get harmed this way if you will show players on TL often, however will not sell anybody. Because thats the attempt for sale, but still you didnt do everything you can to improve the team.

In order to have it that way, is necessary to have here something which will punish you for transfers which didnt happen. But this suggestion is trying to avoid this as well as isnt mentioning draftees at all.

Well, what you can do, it would suck if there would be a place for unharm transfer listing, but I think that it is understandable that everyone is trying to have as much balls as possible.

So maybe, if the results are doing fine for you and there are defined untouchable "star" players which pissed blood for such result, might happen that their behaviour would change somehow if they see so many transfer-listed colleagues, maybe their GS could not rise so much because of lack of the motivation or they would demand more money, to take something from such club (TL isnt something which fan is looking into, it is internal thing). Hard to say.

Last edited by aigidios at 10/30/2010 11:13:22 AM