BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Timeout's

Timeout's

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/4/2010 8:57:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
One think which is annoying me from time to time, is when the coach waited to the last minute to take his whole timeouts which make the most exciting part of the game quite boring(especially when the lead change and the other coach starts to take their timeout's too).

http://www.nba.com/analysis/rules_5.html?nav=ArticleList Chapter VII

So why not use the NBA rules for timeout rules, especially rule a which mean:

- only 3 Timeouts left, at the beginning of the last quarter
- max. 2 Timeouts in the last 2 minutes

If it is still planned, to implement "commercials" during the TO you also could include the rule that there had to be a given amount of Timeouts during a quarter or it come to an "commercial" break(VII.d) when you raise the incentive for the coaches to take them early without really bad series it maybe become a more natural flow into the game.

But i think at least rule "a" could be implemented easily, and will make the game more attractive rule "d" got more difficult and would just be funny when it ain't always the mandatory timeouts ;)

This Post:
163199.2 in reply to 163199.1
Date: 11/4/2010 9:03:15 AM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Great way to use the NBA as a model here. I totally agree with putting a damper on full timeouts as a game is ending.

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!
This Post:
163199.3 in reply to 163199.2
Date: 11/4/2010 6:16:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Totally agree! While we're at it, we should fix up the timeout logic as well.

Why does the losing team sometimes call timeout in a big blowout loss when there is less than a minute left in the game to play??

kinda wastes time and adds an extra 2 minutes to the game for a very stupid, illogical reason