BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Visible Aggressiviness Stat

Visible Aggressiviness Stat

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/1/2011 11:15:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Aggressiviness.. anyone heard of this? Or is it just random that some players foul so much? I think not. It should be made visible in the player page. Sure you can see how much 19-30y players foul when they have seasons behind them. But how about those 18y players straight from the draft. Or does BB like to support random when people buy new 18y players.

For example:
Manager A: Buys 18y player from the transfer list for 1,5 M. OD 7 Sta 7. First game 6 fouls. Played 30 min.
Manager B: Buys 18y player from the transfer list for 1,5 M. OD 7 Sta 7. First game 2 fouls. Played 48 min.

And this repeats many times during the season.

While Manager B gets to train 3 players every week in the season then Manager A only trains 2,5 players (1-position training).

Of course this visible stat would influence prices on the transfer list but it would also cut the random factor.

Just my opinion.

Last edited by Napauttaja at 2/1/2011 11:16:20 AM

This Post:
173232.3 in reply to 173232.2
Date: 2/1/2011 3:19:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I lost two entire seasons to this - my stupid mistake. When I promoted to division II and prices for players were at their all time high I decided I needed an amazing player to keep me up. So i found a guy with such amazing characteristics that I had never even seen before and spent all my money on him. Well not only was he so ultra aggressive that he fouled out most games (it didn't show as much on his record against weaker opponents he hadn't been as bad) but he was constantly injured. In fact for the entire season when I was relying on him to keep be in the division he spent 3 minutes in good game shape before injuring himself again. Naturally I was relegated.

I will never, ever, ever allow another aggressive player to be on my roster.

Yes it does seem great for your opponents when their aggressive players injure yours but trust me, having one is a nightmare.

This Post:
173232.4 in reply to 173232.2
Date: 2/1/2011 9:56:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I had a agressive player and i kinda fast figured that out as i looked on the Box Score and almost every game he had 5-6 PF. Dont know if you need any more visible than that in my opinion.

Most draft picks haven't played a game yet when they're sold.

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/community/fedoverview.aspx?fe...)
Keep your friend`s toast, and your enemy`s toaster.
This Post:
173232.6 in reply to 173232.5
Date: 2/2/2011 10:05:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yep. In the beginning of this season I bought 3x 18y players for 4M. So far only 1 failure because of personal fouls. But many of them have shown "talent" for fouling 4,4,5.. I had a plan for my team but it will probably be destroyed if they continue this behaviour..

My point was for these new players as I said in the first post.

This Post:
173232.7 in reply to 173232.6
Date: 2/3/2011 7:51:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes it is a disaster and i feel really sorry for you if you spent $4,000,000 on three trainees only to find all of them will be untranable because they constantly foul out of games. Most 18 year old trainees have to get their minutes in the weekly scrimmage so they don't cost the team too many losses in league games but then when they foul out after 11 minutes they ruin the weeks training, their game shape drops and they become even more likely to foul out in the next game again. Why is every other stat visible and not this one?

How can you see their experience any more than their aggressiveness?

Last edited by yodabig at 2/3/2011 7:53:12 PM

This Post:
173232.8 in reply to 173232.7
Date: 2/4/2011 12:01:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes it is a disaster and i feel really sorry for you if you spent $4,000,000 on three trainees only to find all of them will be untranable because they constantly foul out of games. Most 18 year old trainees have to get their minutes in the weekly scrimmage so they don't cost the team too many losses in league games but then when they foul out after 11 minutes they ruin the weeks training, their game shape drops and they become even more likely to foul out in the next game again. Why is every other stat visible and not this one?

How can you see their experience any more than their aggressiveness?

Because every other skill can be improved or declined. Aggressiveness can't change, so it isn't shown.

This Post:
173232.9 in reply to 173232.8
Date: 2/4/2011 1:53:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Naker that is a good point but how do you know that for sure? Have you ever heard that confirmed by a BB? It has barely been confirmed that it does exist. It might make sense that it could go down as the player got older, like the opposite of experience.

This Post:
173232.10 in reply to 173232.9
Date: 2/4/2011 2:55:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I don't know for sure that it doesn't change, however I'm almost certain that it can't be changed by anything the manager can do so that is why it isn't shown. All other skills can be changed via what the manager decides. For example training JS will increase JS and the secondaries. And simply putting a player on the court increases experience. But I doubt that playing extra or less minutes has any effect on the aggressiveness of the player.

My other reasoning would be that aggressiveness is meant to simulate the personality of the player, and just like in real life, personality doesn't really change (obviously there are exceptions in real life but I'm talking in general).

Also, my old PF that I'm sure you remember (Edward weird last name here) was a very aggressive player and constantly got 5 or 6 fouls a match, and he was a really old player, so either he was really really really aggressive when he was younger (which I doubt), or his aggressiveness stayed the same throughout his career hence why he was still aggressive at an old age.

But as I said before, I'm not 100% sure and never seen a BB confirm it so this is all just a theory and speculation.

This Post:
173232.11 in reply to 173232.10
Date: 2/9/2011 10:07:21 AM
Smallfries
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smallfries II
The only problem with showing this stat is that people may stop training these aggresive players even though they can be very good. Or they may just sell for less which could be a good thing to a team that puts the effort into making him good.