BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Pay to Rename (Real money)

Pay to Rename (Real money)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/28/2011 2:38:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
What about if we could pay to rename our players. All requests will have to be approved by GM's or LA's. We will need rules for people to follow, like NO real life Professional players names to be use so we don't end up with Micheal Jorden on every team and so on...........

It could be a few $ per player and there can be even package deals.

If we can get more money coming into BB they can use the money to hire more help to improve the game more and help fix the bug's faster.

There would be 100's of people that would pay to rename players for a small fee. Id rename my whole team for a few $ each player or a package deal.

I know this will create more work for the GM's and LA's but the $$ would be worth it to improve everyone's BB experience. The BB's could always add more people to help with approving names.

This Post:
176172.3 in reply to 176172.1
Date: 2/28/2011 4:10:01 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Maggot the linked thread contains this from me.

What would be a good idea is if new players could get to create one player. He should be 18, height specified, position specified, nationality same as team, name specified, all star potential (not crippling but not national team potential) and starting salary around $4,000. A good solid trainee that the player will identify with.

This is the sort of thing that may encourage new users to keep on playing, a really solid player that they identify with right from the start.

Maybe it could also be provided as a once off option for older teams during the offseason for some sort of massive fee. Guys like that on the TL typically go for $100,000 or less so if teams were able to purchase a "unique" rookie once in their teams history during the offseason for maybe $300,000 I don't think it would hurt the balance of the game at all.

I have thought about this since. I think the option would be simple. Every new team when they sign up and enter their team name and stadium name would also enter a player name and position. Then that "standard" player is created for them.

I will detail exactly what I think those players should be like later.

I also think every existing team that never had this opportunity should get a once off opportunity to also get a "original" player. For existing teams the option should be in the offseason at the same time as you can rename your team. He would then turn up as your 3rd round draft pick. I originally said $300,000. Some have also suggested $5 in real cash might be ok, but it does set an ugly precedent that you can buy extra perks which had always been against the spirit of the game. I think if you get a player who is worth roughly $50,000 on the TL but he is from your nation and is your draft pick so double to sextuple is the proper range I guess.

So *roughly* here are my players.
PG - 6'2" JS 6 JR 5 OD 6 HA 6 DR 5 PA 7 all else 4 salary about $3662.
SG - 6'5" JS 7 JR 6 OD 6 HA 5 DR 7 PA 5 all else 4 salary about $3770.
SF - 6'8" JS 7 OD 6 all else 5 salary about $3900.
PF - 6'10" JS 6 IS 5 ID 6 RE 7 all else 4 about $3739.
C - 7'0" IS 7 ID 6 RE 5 SB 6 all else 4 about $3698.

I don't think any of these players would break the game. Guys like them can be easily found on the TL for about $30,000-$80,000 except for the SF, maybe he is a bit good, but SFs are so hard to train I thought he needed help.

People thought All-Sart potential was too much (I don't) but if they are really worried you can fix these players at Star potential instead. Easy.

What do you think?

This Post:
176172.4 in reply to 176172.3
Date: 2/28/2011 5:29:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
My idea is more about making money to support the game, for little effort that has no effect on the game and is only a visual effect, i think is well worth the extra Real Money to support the game. This will not benefit 1 player more than another.

What would be a good idea is if new players could get to create one player. He should be 18, height specified, position specified, nationality same as team, name specified, all star potential (not crippling but not national team potential) and starting salary around $4,000. A good solid trainee that the player will identify with.

All these will affect the game and benefit some people better than others. 99% of new users wont even know what is good because they don't have the experience of a few season to begin to understand how the game works.

I also think every existing team that never had this opportunity should get a once off opportunity to also get a "original" player. For existing teams the option should be in the offseason at the same time as you can rename your team.

again better for some people and disadvantages for others EG.......

$300,000 on a allstar player for a div 4 team will be a lot more valuable then the same player for a div 1 team, the allstar cap will be more than enough for a div 4 to train but useless for a div 1 to play and train with an allstar cap.

I like the idea of creating you own player but it has to be done in a way where it's the same for everyone, I'm going to think about it, i think the current draft system need's changing. EG...........

I have being in something like 6 draft's, spend on average 20k per week and never got a MVP or above. (that just the way it is, i can live with that) the part i cant live with is that some new team can sign up, spend $0 on scouting have no clue on what he is doing and picks an MVP , hall of fame or all time great. and then just sell's the player on the market for 1mil+ and then is instantly catapulted a season or more ahead for doing nothing and just getting lucky with then current random draft system.

Last edited by whitemaggot at 2/28/2011 5:29:57 AM