Hey, is this guy capped?

Potential: 6th man
Jump Shot: proficient Jump Range: strong
Outside Def.: strong Handling: mediocre
Driving: proficient Passing: strong
Inside Shot: average Inside Def.: respectable
Rebounding: average Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: average Free Throw: atrocious

His salary would not indicate so, as he's only about $10,000, but maybe all of his secondaries added up? I got a pop last week in passing, but that was the only pop with him for the past 4 weeks...so is it possible he's capped?

This Post:
177824.2 in reply to 177824.1
Date: 3/18/2011 2:54:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think that is definitely a possibility, especially if you have been training passing for 4 weeks with only 1 pop. If you have been two position training other things like OD or JR than it may just be low sublevels preventing him from popping. I recall reading that caps depend on total skill points and not necessarily total salary. It's really too bad since he would be an excellent prospect if not for the potential.

This Post:
177824.3 in reply to 177824.1
Date: 3/19/2011 5:48:22 PM
Arizona Desert Storm
III.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey, is this guy capped?

Potential: 6th man
Jump Shot: proficient Jump Range: strong
Outside Def.: strong Handling: mediocre
Driving: proficient Passing: strong
Inside Shot: average Inside Def.: respectable
Rebounding: average Shot Blocking: average
Stamina: average Free Throw: atrocious

His salary would not indicate so, as he's only about $10,000, but maybe all of his secondaries added up? I got a pop last week in passing, but that was the only pop with him for the past 4 weeks...so is it possible he's capped?

He might be, but to test it, you need to train the same thing for at least 4 weeks to see if you get a pop. So train Pressure for 4 weeks, to see if you get an OD pop. If not, he's capped. I had a 6th man that came with my origonal team, and he capped at $8944. Very dissapointing. He was 2 OD pops away from being able to move him to SF and keep him on my roster for a while (he was my favorite player). However, as I was improving my team, the gap between him and and my new players was widening, so I had to sell him.

The two best players on my origonal roster were 6th man and starter potential. The Starter potential player capped earlier this season, and I thought I had another 10K or so to go with him. By the the time I fully learned all of the nuances of training and had my long term plan together, I had already invested so much time into these guys. There is another thread that asks what you wish you knew from day one...For me, I wish I wouldn't have wasted my time training anyone with less than Superstar Potential, maybe Allstar if hes a special player.

This Post:
177824.4 in reply to 177824.3
Date: 3/20/2011 12:39:00 AM
Arizona Cacti
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I have a guy in a very similar spot.

Jump Shot: prominent Jump Range: mediocre
Outside Def.: strong Handling: strong
Driving: awful Passing: strong
Inside Shot: mediocre Inside Def.: strong
Rebounding: strong Shot Blocking: mediocre
Stamina: respectable Free Throw: strong

His salary is similar to your guys and he's popped 2-3 times this year but both of those were earlier. I've trained him 4-5 times (admittedly in a few different things) and he is getting older for a trainee, but nonetheless he hasn't popped in a very long time. Would be a shame if he's done already because I just wanted a couple more in OD and driving before I was comfortable leaving him alone.