BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Auto-Accept scrimmages

Auto-Accept scrimmages

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/24/2011 5:23:47 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I often find myself scrambling to find a scrimmage at the last minute before the mid-week cut off and I have what I think is a simple solution:
Have a check box on the "Manage My Team" page that allows the user to select "auto-accept first scrimmage offer." Then it does just that: automatically accepts the first offer of a scrimmage you receive even if you're off line. It would save a ton of headache for people who can't sign in regularly during a given week.

This Post:
178313.2 in reply to 178313.1
Date: 3/24/2011 5:35:22 PM
New York Chunks
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
I would save a ton of headache, but it could put McNeil Consumer Healthcare (the makers of Tylenol) out of business.

I like the idea, though it doesn't make we want to do handstands. Maybe this could be a "Supporter". It's doesn't give a competitive advantage, but it would make our live easier (and give us one more incentive to become a Supporter).

edit: grammar fix

Last edited by chihorn at 3/24/2011 5:35:56 PM

Don't ask what sort of Chunks they are, you probably don't want to know. Blowing Chunks since Season 4!

This Post:
178313.3 in reply to 178313.2
Date: 3/25/2011 6:45:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Except supporters are the ones that are most likely to be fussy because they are collecting flags. Perhaps there could be options like accept home game invites only, accept new flag only etc. All seems a bit hard to avoid a few clicks once a week and it is one of the few ways to get international managers to interact.

This Post:
178313.5 in reply to 178313.4
Date: 3/26/2011 2:15:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Something definitely needs to be changed with scrimmages the 4 teams only shown in scrimmage listing is too little.

If you look in the country overview page and you click Users Online you see like 50+ names of people so at least it would be nice if we can do the same with scrimmages and flag by the side of each user as people care about seeing list like that for scrimmages than the Users Online. And actually, where they highlight the user with orange that indicates users yet to schedule scrimmage in Users Online, that orange highlight can be used in that case to indicate a flag not yet collected if you have supporter feature.

This Post:
178313.6 in reply to 178313.3
Date: 3/27/2011 9:25:18 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
People who are flag collecting would not be obligated to click on the hypothetical box and could continue doing scrimmages as per normal.

It's not really about number of clicks as much as it is about the number of times you need to sign in. There are times where I send out a ton of scrimmage requests from the manage my team options, adjust lineups for 15 minutes, sign out and two days later didn't get any acceptances or any more requests. I can't always sign in more than once or twice between Saturday and Wednesday when you can schedule scrimmages so it would be less of a hassle to use my suggested idea (or a better one). I also don't really see how clicking "accept scrimmage request" or requesting a scrimmage is meaningful interaction between international managers.

This Post:
178313.8 in reply to 178313.1
Date: 3/28/2011 3:40:41 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
maybe they could also integrate friendly pools, like in hattrick.

In hattrick those pools work like following, when you could challenge scrimmages you could go into a friendly pool instead and have some options:

- league of the opponent
- home/away game
- international/national competion
- i believe even countrys for supporter

And if there is a fitting opponent in the pool, the scrimmage get scheduled.