BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Bruised Setting

Bruised Setting

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 3/2/2008 1:53:23 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I lost my starting center tonight for 4 weeks. I think it's because he was injured last game, but not for longer than that specific game, and yet I started him tonight and it compounded the injury and put him out.

In retrospect, I probably should have put him on the bench tonight - and I likely would have if there was a 'Bruised' setting on our players.

In Hattrick, when a player is injured but not enough to keep him out of games, he is marked as 'bruised'. I would like something similar in BB, so that we know that resting the player is favourable, and playing him can aggravate his minor injuries into something major...

This Post:
18009.2 in reply to 18009.1
Date: 3/2/2008 8:21:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hm, can't it simply be coincidense??

Maybe there is no such thing as a bruised player in BB, and then there is no need for your suggestion.

I think you just got unlucky, but if the calculator chose an other player for the injury he would have gotten the 4 weeks as well...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
18009.3 in reply to 18009.2
Date: 3/2/2008 11:34:53 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
hm, can't it simply be coincidense??

Maybe there is no such thing as a bruised player in BB, and then there is no need for your suggestion.

I think you just got unlucky, but if the calculator chose an other player for the injury he would have gotten the 4 weeks as well...

The bigger problem is there is a complete absence of balance with injuries. It is not just the fact that the season is 14 weeks with 2 to 3 games a week, so that long injuries can cost you half of the season. Also, with the current speed of training, an injury like that sets you back 2 levels or more on a trained player.

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
This Post:
18009.4 in reply to 18009.3
Date: 3/2/2008 12:19:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
correct, which is why the adapted the injury-system last season.
your 4 weeks is a rather big injury.
Therefor I told you you where unlucky. I don't think it has to do with the injury that he had the game before.

Since they tweaked the system last season I bet they are evaluating it right now. If it is still too harsh they might tweak it even more.
I'm not sure how much of the injuries have troubled you lately, but I don't see anything wrong with an occasional longer term injury in a game. My player Korkiamaki ws out for about half a season last season and it didn't realy kill me... It's unpleasant yes, but it's part of the game...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
18009.5 in reply to 18009.4
Date: 3/2/2008 1:38:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Therefor I told you you where unlucky.

That wasn't me - that was someone else.

I have no specific complaint about the injury - long term injuries occur, and such is the way of life.

All I'm wondering is: IF it's more than a coincidence; IF an in-game injury affects a character's potential for injury in the next game or two, then I think a 'Bruised' injury level would be really useful so that we can adjust ourselves accordingly.

If it IS all just coincidence, then no worries - the BBs can just ignore my suggestion;)

This Post:
18009.6 in reply to 18009.5
Date: 3/2/2008 5:54:17 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
there could be injury those could end players carrier or take down one or thew skills...

ZyZla - ZyZlūnas ZyZlavotas ~c(=
This Post:
18009.8 in reply to 18009.7
Date: 3/6/2008 1:24:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The bigger problem is there is a complete absence of balance with injuries.

/me agrees

Good! Now hop over to HT and let me in your federation

"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."