BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > A Few Ideas

A Few Ideas

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/27/2011 5:42:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Im sure these ideas have been touched on in a few places in this forum but my search engine is being stubborn and I guess it doesnt hurt to keep all my ideas in one place so here I go.

1. Add a head coach as a member of the staff. A head coach is a vital part of any team. They control subbing, timeouts and foul trouble. Not to mention some coaches have the ability to get more out of their players, get players to play well with others and also can help draw fans to the arena. More players want to have Phil Jackson on the bench than some D.II college coach, just as more fans want Phil to lead their team.

2. Add an area to game tactics that focuses on player roles and team roles. If your C is atrocious in shooting, he shouldnt be jacking up 3's EVER nor should anybody with atrocious shooting skills. Shaq know's better than to pull up outside of the key as should BB players. There are plenty of teams that jack up 3's all game. In 2006 Ohio State lived behind the arc, but Greg Oden didnt bring his big ass out of the paint. Also there are so many teams, pro and college that run their offense through a particular player, giving them 60-70% of the touches (kobe, carmello, nowitzki) why should BB Managers be able to choose who controls the offense.

3. Realistic Time.. How often does a player take a shot with 2 seconds left, miss, have the defense get the rebound and somehow have a layup in the paint at the other end. There has to be a way that when a shot is taken, or when a turnover occurs or a loose ball that more than ZERO seconds come off the clock.

This Post:
183209.3 in reply to 183209.1
Date: 4/30/2011 5:07:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I like all 3 ideas. Would only make the game better and more fun. I've brought up your second suggestion before in terms of modifying the game engine to make players play more in accordance with their skillsets but your idea of allocating tactical roles to players is even better.

But, if tactical roles can be assigned by us managers then having an in-game market for head coaches becomes mostly redundant. So 2 sort of precludes 1. Good ideas though.

This Post:
183209.4 in reply to 183209.1
Date: 4/30/2011 7:22:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
1. I like the idea but the only problem with this is that an extra staff member to pay for, so there has be one extra way of making money to make up for it. Perhaps team sponsors or something. I guess head coaches would affect the timing of Timeouts(ie. calling a timeout after an 8-0 run or calling a time one when your team gets a rebound with 10 second left.), how well tactics are implemented and mid game tactical adjustments. If this were ever to happen, it would be a HUGE change and I'd like it to be announced 2 seasons in advance.
2. I like having to option to have some kind of role like Go-to play, the player the team leans on; defense stopper, a player who will not shoot a lot and know he's only in for defense,etc,etc. It makes sense. But this also would be a huge change to game and would have to be announced in advance(like a season)
3. This is the one I think the game needs the most because I've seen two many times when there's a like 2 seconds left in the game and a player from on team misses a layup and all of a sudden the other team gets the rebound and somehow gets a three in the corner to win the game. I think this could be solved with a clock that goes to decimals(ie.9.9,9.8,9.7....1.2,1.1..0.1,0.,0.0) when time goes under a minute in the quarter. Also with no clock stoppages within a minute to go when someone shoots and misses.
Those are some pretty decent ideas there.

Check the Suggestions they are important
This Post:
183209.6 in reply to 183209.1
Date: 5/3/2011 10:40:26 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Also there are so many teams, pro and college that run their offense through a particular player, giving them 60-70% of the touches (kobe, carmello, nowitzki) why should BB Managers be able to choose who controls the offense.

I thought isolation was supposed to be the proper tactics for teams that intended to focus their offenses on one single player.
Nevertheless, I'm not sure yet if isolation actually works as it should.

This Post:
183209.7 in reply to 183209.6
Date: 5/3/2011 3:04:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The isolation tactic that is shown is sort of what im talking about but im saying to isolate a specific player not just run iso. I don't want just anybody to try to play one on one. One not everybodies best player or best catchup should be who should shoot.

This Post:
183209.8 in reply to 183209.7
Date: 5/8/2011 3:40:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to add on to your 2nd suggestion. How about like being able to tell your players on what you want them to do. Like if you have a PG and you want him to pass more have an option for him to be a passer or look to score. And for other players have options like attack the basket frequently or shoot more. Then for big men have a pick and pop or pick and roll type option or do the player's skills already determine what they do in the game?

This Post:
183209.9 in reply to 183209.8
Date: 5/8/2011 5:30:14 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
or do the player's skills already determine what they do in the game?

they do, the player try to get the best shot in the possesion all the time.

This Post:
183209.10 in reply to 183209.9
Date: 5/8/2011 11:17:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
oh never mind then