Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
184243.2 in reply to 184243.1
Date: 5/6/2011 8:32:12 PM
LionPride
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Taking enthuisasm away and having the better team win 100% of the time isn't going to want to make the lesser team strive. It's going to make them quit because the match result will be set in stone before the tip off occurs. Enthusiasm is what allows of underdogs to knock of the salary goliaths and what allows you to be winning with a low team salary. Managing enthusiasm is what seperates the good teams and the bad ones so taking that away basically eliminates the thrill of the game.

This Post:
184243.3 in reply to 184243.2
Date: 5/6/2011 9:19:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Taking enthuisasm away and having the better team win 100% of the time isn't going to want to make the lesser team strive. It's going to make them quit because the match result will be set in stone before the tip off occurs. Enthusiasm is what allows of underdogs to knock of the salary goliaths and what allows you to be winning with a low team salary. Managing enthusiasm is what seperates the good teams and the bad ones so taking that away basically eliminates the thrill of the game.

Agreed. Enthusiasm and Game shape are elements that give you more decisions and add more strategy to the game. Makes the game more interesting like chess, and without them would feel a bit more like checkers.

This Post:
184243.5 in reply to 184243.4
Date: 5/7/2011 12:55:50 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Agreed about the realism. However we all know this is never going to be a simulation of real basketball and team management. There are always going to be elements that feel game-y. Im not so sure how realistic game shape is either. I dont think I ever saw MJ or Magic or anyone sit out a game or play back-up because they allready had too many minutes in a given week, and niether of these guys played poorly because they started every game the week before.

This Post:
184243.7 in reply to 184243.4
Date: 5/7/2011 5:11:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
i heard the sentence that the looser was in the minds already in the next round, or underestimate their opponent and not taking them serious enough often when a underdog beats an clear favorit.

And playing normal in the play off, if not really "take it easy".

Edit: PS i help you, and move from the help in the suggestion forum.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 5/7/2011 5:12:19 PM