BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > There are too many Cheaters in BB world.

There are too many Cheaters in BB world.

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/16/2011 4:01:28 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I came back to BB after 4 seasons, and found there are still many cheaters in this game.(Of course many in my country)

Could we looking for a better way to solve this problem?

For example, every week post the list of Cheaters and the managers who get fined?

Could we ban the team which registered in one country' IP but always login with a different country’s IP?

Could we make a new trading rule? or when a player is put onto the market, we can't find out his information except his skills, age and potential until the bid is over.

Could we stop the team in basic Division buying the NT players but never fighting for the higher Division?

Message deleted
This Post:
185084.5 in reply to 185084.1
Date: 5/16/2011 4:17:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
For example, every week post the list of Cheaters and the managers who get fined?

no that against the policy of this game, and in my eyes wouldn't help catch any cheater

Could we ban the team which registered in one country' IP but always login with a different country’s IP?

you could keep your team even when you move, so when i move to australia i could still play my german team, maybe i even move just for one year etc.

Could we make a new trading rule? or when a player is put onto the market, we can't find out his information except his skills, age and potential until the bid is over.

What change do you promise through that?

Could we stop the team in basic Division buying the NT players but never fighting for the higher Division?

also no, and this could also make fun :) i always like to train nt players, and i know teams who make it 1-2 season for their main propose. even if i agree that there is potential for second teams, who are hard to catch but a lot of them aren't it.

This Post:
185084.6 in reply to 185084.1
Date: 5/16/2011 4:39:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In principle I agree with you. I hate cheaters just as much as the next guy.

In practice, for every 9 cheaters from the additional methods you listed above, there would be 1 genuine team. e.g a team that is on holiday or exchange at a different country or perhaps the joy of a team is training NT players rather than promotion.

Do we condemn the genuine teams because they "possibly" are cheaters?

This Post:
185084.7 in reply to 185084.6
Date: 5/16/2011 5:09:16 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In principle I agree with you. I hate cheaters just as much as the next guy.

In practice, for every 9 cheaters from the additional methods you listed above, there would be 1 genuine team. e.g a team that is on holiday or exchange at a different country or perhaps the joy of a team is training NT players rather than promotion.

Do we condemn the genuine teams because they "possibly" are cheaters?

It's just a suggestion, it's determined by BBs. I point it out just because this kind of thing can't happen in real life. The best player want to stay in the best league. But if BBs say:Money is the key in this game, it's also reasonable.

IF a team is a Genuine one, it should be judged by GMs, but if we have any doubt on a bid , the first thing is report to GMs.(esp. the final price is much higher than system evaluation.

Last edited by FM_Machine at 5/16/2011 5:28:17 AM

This Post:
185084.8 in reply to 185084.5
Date: 5/16/2011 5:18:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
you could keep your team even when you move, so when i move to australia i could still play my german team, maybe i even move just for one year etc.

Of course you are right, but you can't deny some managers in small country are neither living nor born there. What they want is just building their team fastly than in his own country.

This Post:
185084.9 in reply to 185084.8
Date: 5/16/2011 5:42:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

Of course you are right, but you can't deny some managers in small country are neither living nor born there. What they want is just building their team fastly than in his own country.

i can not deny it .. And that ain't easy cases, if they only cheat to get in and play fair there. And it is hard to see for us, which teams just registered there during vacances(or use a difficult to spot proxy), or now living under different circumstances. and i believe most people are in group two, even when it probadly different for the tiny countrys.
But i don't want to apply different rules for the bahmas then for germany.

This Post:
185084.11 in reply to 185084.5
Date: 5/16/2011 8:28:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
or when a player is put onto the market, we can't find out his information except his skills, age and potential until the bid is over.

What change do you promise through that?

If I got this right I guess the idea here is making the transfers anonymous. You would only see the skills/age/potential (+gameshape, I would think) on TL and make your choice based on that information. You would not know from which team you are buying or the name of the player. This information would be revealed only after the transfer.

This would certainly make cheating a bit more difficult but unfortunately not impossible. Anyway, I don't like the idea.