BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > [NT] Panama 8/8

[NT] Panama 8/8

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/8/2011 1:50:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey everyone, I'm reporting to you from Mexico City, as the National Team and newly elected coach GM-Jason are scheduled to face off with #66 Panama at 9pm Eastern tonight!

Last week I coached my final game vs Colombia, so I immediately ditched the National Team and I went to Cancun for vacation. Yesterday a helicopter with a BB logo on it landed nearby while I was on the beach and GM-Jason came out wearing a nice suit and asked me to come help. I quickly downed my margarita and joined.

We then went to find our new assistant coach brian. Naturally, he was in his hotel room rolling around in a pile of money. After doing that for about 15 minutes he put on all of his championship rings along with some other random bling and got in the chopper.

We landed at the practice facility for the final day of camp, and soon Jason announced his final cuts for the team. Willis Lundy, upset he didn't make the final cut, approached Jason menacingly and not surprisingly tried to punch him in the face. Jason, with almost ninja like reflex blocked it and got in a good kidney shot and Lundy went down. Lundy paused and said, "I like you coach," and right then I knew that Jason would do great as our new manager.

Jairo seems right at home here in Mexico, he's been doing all of the translating for us, as well as mentoring our young frontcourt, featuring Lorenzo Bland and Paul Owens. He's also been keeping an eye on Dexter Dennison. Rumor is that he is on some sort of speed, which explains how he is able to play in the B3, the Cup, the NBBA, and for the NT all at the same time.

Joe Bro seems to be getting along with Jason, so I have hope that Joe will lead us to glory this time around. Medrano spends most of his time grooming his "magic sideburns" (6627366), not sure what that's all about. My boy Ricky Logsdon made the cut as well, he's been practicing 3's non-stop apparently, when Jason asked him why he pulled an Antoine Walker and said, "because there are no 4's."

Brian has been working hard with our only small forward, Irwin Velasco. I try not to cringe every time Velasco attempts a jump shot.

One of the newer faces here is the intimidating presence of Matt Hurst. He's only 6'7, but if you add on his fro (11768994) its like he's 7'5! Jairo has had a few shots blocked by Hurst's fro during practice.

I found my old buddy SpF at camp as well, SpF has been spending most of his time here in Mexico trying to hook up with Mexican girls. Along with SpF, Coach Dawg and BFiddy are here, hard at work scouting Panama and our future opponents. I also found wozz at camp, I almost didn't recognize him not in disguise. Working with wozz was SM and Coco, it truly seems as though Jason has assembled an all-star cast of managers for his staff!!

Jason wants you to contribute as well!! Please join the offsite forum (http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/) and help us as we battle the best teams the Americas has to offer this season! Please join us today at 9pm Eastern in the chat as we face #66 Panama!!!

Last edited by jfarb at 8/8/2011 2:00:56 PM

This Post:
193670.2 in reply to 193670.1
Date: 8/8/2011 9:00:42 PM
This Post:
193670.3 in reply to 193670.1
Date: 8/8/2011 9:01:23 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Game on! Pre-game nerves from this assistant coach, lets get a quick start and calm them:

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/match/15917/reportmatch.aspx)

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
193670.4 in reply to 193670.3
Date: 8/8/2011 10:46:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Close one there...survived an attempt by Panama to steal it.

This Post:
193670.5 in reply to 193670.4
Date: 8/9/2011 10:45:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
NT Post-Game Report: Panama 8/8

Reporting live here in Mexico City, Mexico, the Season 17 America's Championship was underway! The United States National Team was set to take on Panama in our first game of the first round. Emotions were at a high, as I looked down the line of the players, I knew we had a special group of guys here, Jairo was crying, Medrano was rubbing his magic sideburns, Logsdon was sneaking a quick "drink", and I don't even want to get started with what Dexter Dennison was doing by the scorers table, but nontheless we had a good group of guys here.

Starting Line-up:
PG: Joe "The Show" Bronson
SG: Martin "Money" Medrano
SF: Irwin "The Swiss Army Knife" Velasco
PF: Paul "The Postman" Owens
C: Jairo Alejandro Renteria aka "The Beast"

Getting right down to the action, Panama tried to catch the US off guard with a crunch time and attack our interior when they decided to go low post. The United States challenged the Panama man to man with a motion. With the first basket for the US this season, Irwin Velasco went strong to the rim for a layup. It set the tone as Velasco and Medrano hit the next few shots before "Postman" Paul Owens had a special delivery as he drained the first US 3 of this NT season! The game was a nail-biter at the end of the first the United States led 26-24. Starting off slow in the second quarter the United States started to catch fire from everywhere especially some nice 3 balls by Ricky Logsdon, and Irwin Velasco to get us roaring on a run. At the end of the half the United States outscored Panama 28-15 in the second to head into the locker rooms with the 54-39 lead.

Heading into the locker room at half there was a commotion as the players entered. No it wasn't Gipson or Lundy this time but actually Senior Advisers for our NT! Assistant NT Head Coach Brian, Former NT Coach Wozz, and Former U21 Coaches Coco & Jelme were going in all out brawl!! As Brian used his bags of money as a wall and a weapon it started to get violent when Jelme brought out his guns (No not real guns, i'm talking about his arms) but it was short-lived once Wozz picked up a chair.
NT Head Coach Jason: Woah Woah Woah what's going on here?!?
Jfarb: Well before the players came into the half some of us wanted to go here to talk about an "issue" *cough* Velasco *cough* to see if that issue was useful or not as a player. As you can see we had a very heated debate in here
NT Head Coach Jason: Well... let's lay it to rest and take this game and we'll argue another time, hopefully enough time so we can place bets on who wins the fight.

After the players saw their coaches fighting in the locker-room at half, some were scared, well mostly Jairo, but others had their adrenaline pumping! The United States pounced on their 15 point lead and continued to pour it down on Panama. With the lead at 21, everything was going the United States way. However, Panama still had some more left in the tank as they slowly clawed themselves back in the third making it a 12 point US lead heading into the fourth. With one more quarter left the game was starting to get intense. The United States and Panama battled by trading baskets but slowly Panama was narrowing the gap. With a minute left they were down only 6 to the United States. Free throws however were to much for Panama once Ricky "Logdog" Logsdon, Martin "Money" Medrano, and Joe "The Show" Bronson put the game away. In the end the United States pulled out a 96-85 victory.

After all the celebrations are over I'm going to head over to the interview table to speak with Martin Medrano and Paul Owens, followed by the first Coaches statement by new NT Head coach Jason, so stay tuned in a few hours!

-SpF-

To: SpF
This Post:
193670.6 in reply to 193670.5
Date: 8/9/2011 11:01:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Was a great win, even tho we were at home* we overcame the CT v TIE effort.

* we weren't, but some idiot in the chat last night thought we were

"Well, no ones gonna top that." - http://tinyurl.com/noigttt

This Post:
193670.7 in reply to 193670.1
Date: 8/9/2011 2:35:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
We landed at the practice facility for the final day of camp, and soon Jason announced his final cuts for the team. Willis Lundy, upset he didn't make the final cut, approached Jason menacingly and not surprisingly tried to punch him in the face. Jason, with almost ninja like reflex blocked it and got in a good kidney shot and Lundy went down. Lundy paused and said, "I like you coach," and right then I knew that Jason would do great as our new manager.

Lies, Lundy would never walk up to someone and try to punch them. He would shank them when they weren't looking. He learned that from Ramblow.

This Post:
193670.8 in reply to 193670.7
Date: 8/9/2011 5:12:36 PM
New York Jests
IV.30
Overall Posts Rated:
I do it when they are looking

This Post:
193670.9 in reply to 193670.4
Date: 8/9/2011 6:12:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
So, wait, did Jelme win Panama NT election and I missed the memo?

This Post:
193670.10 in reply to 193670.9
Date: 8/9/2011 9:48:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Getting old Azariah, need new insults. Our current NT coach doesn't even know that that is in reference too...

This Post:
193670.11 in reply to 193670.10
Date: 8/9/2011 10:55:10 PM
New York Jests
IV.30
Overall Posts Rated:
Lemme help em out: (20389065)