Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 8/12/2011 1:30:29 PM
Smallfries
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Smallfries II
This is a blog I have created on the offsite website. I thought I would post this for everyone to read because I sat down with the new NT coach, GM-Jason, and asked him some questions many people might be interested to see. Also, I will continue to post interviews I have with coaches, the same ones I put on the blog, for you guys to read and learn some things.

Q: What do you want to accomplish by the end of your tenure?

First and foremost is to continue building the community and attempting to get the best BB owners in the USA more involved in the program. I believe the larger the community we have rooting for us, helping, and participating in the NT the more success we will have on the court as well.

Q: How do you plan to keep members actively training in the community as well as foreign owners? Also how to you plan to keep the community interested in NT affairs?

This is one of the things I think Jfarb did a great job of! I will follow his lead, and reach out to people, have conversations to open the lines of communication, and encourage people that effort is worth it for the NT, and for their player! Well, as you can see by the staff I put together, I have hopes that that the greatness of the people involved, combined with the excitement of what this Staff can do for the team will not only keep, but increase the communties interst in the team. The more people we get involved, and the more success we have, the more people will want to be involved, and I think that will lead to even more success.

Q: Jfarb did a great job as NT coach, but how do you plan to set yourself apart from him?

I don't really think that way. First of all, Jfarb has been nothing but gracious and helpful in this transition. I have every intention of leaning on him as much as he will let me, and starting next week, we will team up to work hand in hand in our community building efforts.

Q: Do you plan on doing anything differently with the team than what has been done in the past?

Winning the Gold? :-) I assembled a great staff of advisors to contribute on a weekly basis to the success of this team. This is a little different going with somewhat of a committee approach. I did this, so that number 1, we will have the best minds in USA BB actively involved in the success of the program. Number 2, this team approach, allows me to focus as much of my effort as possible to working on building interest in the NT, as well as working on various projects to encourage our own great BB owners, to invest in USA NT players.

Q:What is some advice you can give for those owners wanting to train a NT/U21 player but afraid they cant do it?

Ask for help! We have a Mentors thread in the BB English Forums, and a whole wealth of active community members in the offsite forum. Get involved, ask questions, and find a veteran owner to help you with your training efforts. If you have a real NT/U21 prospect, and you are unsure how to train that player, contact me, or contact Rambo the U21 coach, and we will find you a mentor to help!

Q: Lastly, as we have seen with this last election, there are lots of people starting to run for NT coach so what advice can you give them to reach their goal to become the NT or U21 coach?

First of all, if your team is not already on a great path of success, find a mentor! Having great guys around you to teach and encourage you will help you to have a great team yourself, and that is a starting point. Secondly, get involved! I am fortunate that I was able to gain the confidence of the voters, without having been a regular participant in the NT program prior to this. I don't see that happening very often, if ever again. Being involved with the program shows everyone what you are capable of doing! It gives them a familiarity with your strengths and builds confidence. Be sure to register on the offsite forum http://s3.zetaboards.com/BuzzerBeater_USA_NT/index/. There you wil