BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Keeps taking Clutch shots

Keeps taking Clutch shots

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 9/27/2011 10:08:33 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Okay in my most recent games, I have a player on my team that thinks he is the best player. He starts because I put my original starting sf at pg due to the lack of pg's on my team. Anyway I was down by 6 with about 1:30 to go in the game today and my player decided that even though he was 6-18 and that he was 5th in scoring he would try to take clutch shots. I partially blame myself for this since my offense was set to patient. But he wasn't patient with moving the ball around. He literally shot the ball about every 5 seconds and I would be fine with that if he was making them. Like earlier this season my original sf / new starting pg, had 40 with like 6 minutes left to go in the 4th. I was down by 8 and since he was scoring at will, I understood why he was shooting the ball. Now back to the point of this. My new starting small forward keeps deciding to take it upon himself to lead a comeback every game but it doesn't work because I have other players that will be scoring a lot better throughout the game and he suddenly starts feeling good about himself and shoots a bunch. Does anybody know how to get him to tone down and not shoot the big shots? Also does anybody know how to get your players to give it to the players that are my most reliable. My two most reliable are Osvalds Puncis/PG (I think I spelled his name Right) and Henry Fultz/C.

This Post:
197278.2 in reply to 197278.1
Date: 9/28/2011 8:13:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In patient, the game alone selects the best player. a key factor when running low pace offense is that it will look for the best shooter according to the bb critera. If the other team is guarding well your top scorer, he may:
a. take a bad shot
b. pass to another player who (guess) will take a bad shot.

That the risk of this offense.

If you are losing, that's another problem. The main point will be scoring, the tactic won't matter much.

Hope it helped, but someone you uses more this offense coukl add some more, please.

PS: I use run and gun or push the bal, mainly, and the main scorer often varies from game to game, but it depends on your roster a lot.-

This Post:
197278.3 in reply to 197278.1
Date: 9/28/2011 2:03:21 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
work on passing.. That what i did when i had that problem and try to play a whole type of tatic like base offence.

This Post:
197278.4 in reply to 197278.1
Date: 9/29/2011 6:19:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
If your best players are PG and C, I'd use Look Inside or Push the Ball and put your best passer on SG spot so he doesn't shoot much.