BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Should I train star C at G in scrimmages?

Should I train star C at G in scrimmages?

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/29/2011 1:42:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Some opinions needed please..........

I've got a level 4 trainer and am focusing on one-position training of PG's. I have 3 that I am training, and I give each of them a start and let them play a full 48 minute game each by putting them in at PG and backup and reserve. In short, they all play one game and get 48 minutes per week at PG. The rest of the week, whoever is not playing PG will play backup SG and backup SF to get their minutes to about 70.

But some skills you can only train for guards, meaning both PG and SG., When this happens, would it be wise to train my 20-year old stud center at SG to raise his outside skills? My 20 year old center is the best player on the team, with Per. All Star potential. But I've not been training him because I have 3 PGs, two 18 y/o and one 19 y/o who are all Per. All Star potential and have already had some nice pops. I only have the one inside player to train, or I may have trained them instead of PGs.

Anyway, should I train my C at a G position? Or would it be unnecessary skill increases that would just raise his salary for skills he won't use that much? I do understand that to do this, I would not be able to play him both games per week and then the scrimmage at G for training purposes because the high minutes would put him at risk of injury as well as bad game shape.

Any opinions or information on this is appreciated.

To: Coco
This Post:
203617.3 in reply to 203617.2
Date: 11/30/2011 10:11:38 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I say Stud, he is Stud in for my division. He wouldn't even make the team at higher levels. But for my level, he scores 25+ points often for my team and averages 12-15 rebounds. He is only 20 and has Superstar (8) potential.

Jump Shot: mediocre Jump Range: mediocre
Outside Def.: atrocious Handling: respectable
Driving: atrocious Passing: respectable
Inside Shot: prominent Inside Def.: prolific
Rebounding: mediocre Shot Blocking: respectable
Stamina: mediocre Free Throw: pitiful

The reason I ask is, I have some training minutes to spare. I wonder if I should train this guy some at G positions or buy another guard to add to the training minutes. I plan to keep this center for as long as I can as I move up through the ranks. And I expect to move up after this season, next at the absolute latest.

To: Coco
This Post:
203617.4 in reply to 203617.2
Date: 11/30/2011 10:11:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
When I say Stud, he is Stud in for my division. He wouldn't even make the team at higher levels. But for my level, he scores 25+ points often for my team and averages 12-15 rebounds. He is only 20 and has Superstar (8) potential.

Jump Shot: mediocre Jump Range: mediocre
Outside Def.: atrocious Handling: respectable
Driving: atrocious Passing: respectable
Inside Shot: prominent Inside Def.: prolific
Rebounding: mediocre Shot Blocking: respectable
Stamina: mediocre Free Throw: pitiful

The reason I ask is, I have some training minutes to spare. I wonder if I should train this guy some at G positions or buy another guard to add to the training minutes. I plan to keep this center for as long as I can as I move up through the ranks. And I expect to move up after this season, next at the absolute latest.

This Post:
203617.6 in reply to 203617.5
Date: 12/1/2011 1:25:21 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I concur with Coco. A PS pop would be lovely.