BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > [NT] 7/9 Uruguay

[NT] 7/9 Uruguay

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/7/2012 3:07:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You knew it was all coming down to Uruguay, right? I won't bore you with story of how the US and Uruguay became mortal enemies and how our old evil nemesis Uruguay became the bane of our existance. Everyone knows it by heart anyways. The fact at hand is this Monday 1-3 USA and 1-3 Uruguay will play, with the winner advancing to the next round, and the loser...well the loser gets to be the laughingstock of the western hemisphere. That's right, all the Bahamas, Costa Ricas, and other various banana republics with 13 managers are going to look down the loser of this game with pitable contempt and derision at the ineptitude of the NT coach that loses this game. It will be well deserved.

Is Coco feeling the pressure, I asked? His haiku response spoke volumes:

Stay the course, Mateys!
The Uruguayan wind blows
But their swag be ours!

Blustery bravado or loose screw? When asked to clarify his poem he - you guessed it - replied with another:

You don't pass the ball
In Soviet Russian game
the ball passes you

I'm starting to think he's actually just dicking me around. Fine whatever. You know who's a better intereview? Every other NT coach. Uruguayan NT coach elvioeta was kind enough to to answer some questions with...you know...answers:

1. Whoever wins the game on Monday advances to the next round. What do you think the odds are of a mutual Crunch Time? depends on the enthusiasm with which he plays our game. But it will be very difficult for Uruguay and the United States by dragging points to the second round.

2. If you had the ability to remove one US player from Monday's game, which would it be, and why? would bring to Nix. It is a very important player for the U.S. operation.

3. USA coach Coco has said some interesting things about you. Really interesting things. What do you think of his coaching abilities? You can be candid, I won't print your response.
I am a coach who likes to look very good matches. Regarding Coco is a great manager, after being several preworld champion Chile, the United States could defeat him.

4. Who would you say is the Buzzerbeater country that you consider to be Uruguay’s rival? Chile

5. If train A leaves Chicago traveling 100MPH and train B leaves New York traveling 150MPH and the distance between the two cites is 600 miles how far from New York will it be when the two trains meet? lol I do not like physics, was a subject I hated in college

6. Does your team have a player who is a favorite with the Uruguayan community? Yes, Ruben Hernandez, captain of Uruguay.

7. Uruguay’s football team will start play in the Olympics this month. Are there expectations for a medal in your country? Yes, there are great expectations. Uruguay was 2 times in both the Olympics and won the gold medal on this occasion there are excellent players who shine in European football, Uruguay is in search of gold.

8. How many Uruguayans does it take to change a lightbulb? (elvioeta declined to answer this, so I'll throw in a suitable ethnic joke reponse: "Just Juan")

Group hug!
This Post:
221522.2 in reply to 221522.1
Date: 7/9/2012 11:33:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Damn! only win so far against Nigeria USA needs to step it up!

This Post:
221522.3 in reply to 221522.2
Date: 7/10/2012 1:27:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
IT's not our fault, the BBs are haters and want to f*ck up our draws each time :D