BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Snacking on the Competiton

Snacking on the Competiton

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/22/2012 6:28:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, the Snackers are going to make a Press now, and yes the name is very cheesy, but after being promoted last season, the Snackers are off to a dismal 3-3 start. Our first game we won by 11, by a team that we should have lost to, they TIE'd that game. Our next game was a game we had a shot on paper to win.. But we just couldn't pull out the win falling 102-112 giving up huge points in the paint. Our third game we showed up to play and won 90-118. Our fourth game was a heartbreaking loss, giving up way to many points inside, once again, falling 85-84. The next game we played horrible in our game, as we lost 77-89. But we come out with some fire in our last game as we won 61-106 easily. Still in playoff contention.

Our game tonight against the Gumballs, a good team, 5-1 at that could be interesting, as we have been known to be weak inside. But could the Snackers pull off the upset? Away? At their arena? We will know by the end of the night!

It was heard Coach Denslow giving a speech to his team earlier this morning during their Saturday shoot around at the local gym, his inspiring words were, "Hey, guys, go out their, give it all your heart, put your soul into this game! We could very well be in that 4th spot by the end of tonight! Playoff contention! Even after some of this games we've dropped!! Go out and play them hard, I heard these guys talk stuff on the court and at their home don't get called for it, play like they made fun of your mother, like they made fun of your girl, go out and play like they had sex with your mom, or your girlfriend! Play like you never played before, don't let them get in your head and lets play a full game and win!"

Strong words from their Head Coach who is a offensive guru in some games, and in other games, we've seen him head to the locker room after the third quarter.

Reporting from Los Angeles,
Anita Hoare

This Post:
233568.2 in reply to 233568.1
Date: 12/22/2012 6:35:14 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Anita Hoare

this women's name sounds sooooooo wrong

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
233568.3 in reply to 233568.2
Date: 12/22/2012 6:40:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, it was between, "Heywood Jablome" "Anita Hoare" "Rusty Kuntz" "Howie Feltersnatch" or even, "Al Kida"
Lol. I figured I'd add in some humor to make it interesting:P

This Post:
233568.4 in reply to 233568.3
Date: 12/23/2012 10:06:12 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, the Snackers just couldn't pull out the V last night, after 24-24 in the first quarter, the second quarter was all Gumballs.. We had a 1 point advantage in the 3rd, and a 5 point advantage in the 4th.. But they couldn't reel it in as they fall 88-100. After the game Coach Denslow said, "I thought we played alright for 3 quarters.. Kind of like Lebron, I played horrible in the second and played our best ball in the 4th. They earned a well deserved win over us, it was a good game, though I wish we won"

Anita Hoare

This Post:
233568.5 in reply to 233568.4
Date: 12/23/2012 10:52:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi Anita, I as well as many others are curious to hear about the progression of Nasser Rasheed Harrani as well as the other young players on the team. They seem to be performing well in the games, but sources tell me that they have had some issues off the court and have failed to show up to numerous practice sessions. When Nasser Rasheed Harrani was asked about it earlier this morning he shouted "Practice? We talking about practice?! I got better things to do". What is your take on this behavior?

Reporting from Denver,
Holdin Magroin

Murray/Harris/MPJ/Grant/Jokic - 2020 NBA Champs
This Post:
233568.6 in reply to 233568.5
Date: 12/24/2012 12:15:18 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers

Hi Anita H., I was also hearing reports of drinking and DWI charges on Lui Sung Kwon and Arne Klintsø. They've been charged on 7 DWI Charges together and were suspended from their drivers license.........whats going on with that? They've also had not been meeting to team meetings nor shown up for their Community Service. "Wait? I've been caught on DWI Charges? I've never been charged in my life. Also, I'm too young to drink" said Arne.

Also it's been said that you were caught driving at 98 MPH Last night, police saying "you were mad". Now we want answers and we need em fast.

Reporting from Houston,
Unytu Tinkle (from Nigeria; was adopted and took the name Tinkle)

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
233568.7 in reply to 233568.5
Date: 12/24/2012 3:39:05 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, you know Nasser, at 19, a jokester a young kid, he's really a funny kid, really, we don't have many practices, we practice for about, 6 hours a week maximum, and then game time baby, Nasser hasn't missed one practice, but his job on the side is a comedian! That's a legitimate story man! He's kind of like, Adam Sandler! Trying to get known in this world! He's a heck of a kid, and can play some ball, I can tell you that!

This Post:
233568.8 in reply to 233568.6
Date: 12/24/2012 3:43:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, Lui Sung Kwon has looked pretty... Off lately. I mean his percentage this season is taking me back, he's not progressing like I've planned, I'm not so sure what to do at this point, he's a young great point, but his drinking problems, and the fact he can't make it to our 3-4 practices a week, they've been getting to me, I couldn't believe it when I heard it, he's like my child though, and for Arne.. I don't believe it, he's a 4.0 Graduate, he's going to Harvard right now, he's a young and upcoming PG/SG Combo so I hear, in a couple season, he could be a big name, but he may not progress as people say, and they may be well right. Lui is one of our leaders on the team, and I'm assessing the problems off of the court right now.

Reporting, your very own,
Coach Denslow

This Post:
233568.9 in reply to 233568.8
Date: 12/26/2012 12:22:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
After a tough loss to The Huskies, Coach Denslow knows his team has what it takes to be great.. They'd played a great game, without any defense... With great performances from Durdil... 40 Points, 24 Rebounds, 10 Offensive Rebounds. From Nasser, 21 Points, 7 Boards, 5 Assists. The huge margin in rebounding didn't even help the Snackers pull it out, the margin was 72 to their 39.... How do you lose a game?! Our 32 Assists, to their 20. But their 16 blocks, to our 6. "Playing my trainee with bad OD, killed me. We could have won this game, cruise control, tough loss" Said Coach Denslow

Reporting,
Anita Hoare

This Post:
233568.10 in reply to 233568.9
Date: 12/26/2012 11:38:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
:l

This Post:
233568.11 in reply to 233568.9
Date: 12/29/2012 1:03:26 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Tonight is a MUST WIN for the Snackers, says Coach Denslow, this morning in shootaround, and the 5 on 5 they have before they go out for team dinner, was heard saying, "Guys, we lost our last game to a playoff 7-1 contending team, we let up in the end, we should have had that game guys! We're playing a 0-8 team guys! Go out there, play your hearts out and give no regret, don't look back on this game tomorrow and say "I could have done this, or that" Do it, go out there and play ball, all of you can play ball, that's the best part! From our starters to our backups, we can get it done, we can win guys. Now whose ready to go out and get a SNACK! Alright, TEAM ON THREE. Lui, you lead us."

I've had a chance to interview, Nasser, Lui, Metod, and Grimard.

First off was Nasser, his quotes were strong, "I want to win, more than anything, my wife back at home, she wants us to win, my 14 kids, they want us to win. We ALL want to win, I'm going out there and going to give it my all, and if I get the chance, slam it down for you all;)"

Here's what the team leader had to say, Lui, "Well, we've played poorly in some of our games we lost, I've played poorly, I'd like to apologize for all the missed shots, bad passes, and turnovers I've created this season after a MVP season last season, I have to turn my game around, period"

Metod was quoted saying, "Well, coming off of my 40 point 24 rebound effort, I have to step it up, make more passes, I was on in that game, we stayed in it till the end.. We couldn't pull it out, I have to step up, I'm looking forward to this game!"

And J. Grim, one of the fan favorites of this team, at home at least said. "Well, we didn't make enough shots, that's what happened. They scored more than us, they were snacking on our defense yes, we need to win this game. MUST WIN."

The predicted outcome is Snackers by 20, but anything can happen.

Reporting,
Anita Hoare