BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Free Agent Market

Free Agent Market

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/5/2013 5:46:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey peeps, I'm not really sure whether this has been suggested before but yeah, here goes.

Having a "Free Agent Market" could possibly help Micronations in terms of talent pool. It is a place where young players (i.e 18 and 19y/o ONLY) with decent potential (say star and above) go to when their team goes bot or when they are fired. There won't be any bidding process but rather teams can buy them off immediately at a certain price, thus these players can stay in the "Free Agent Market" for as long as they have no team. However, upon reaching 20y/o, these players should be removed from the "Free Agent Market" and retire.

I know there are many flaws in this idea but here are my thoughts:
1. Not just Micronations but Macronations would also have a larger talent pool, no problem is solved.
Yes, they will have a larger talent pool as well, but they already have a large talent pool to begin with so personally I think that this increased talent pool will have little or no effect RELATIVE to the effect on Micronations.

2. Teams from other nations might sabotage other nations by buying their young talents and leave them to rot
If possible, just make it such that teams are only allowed to view and buy players from their own nations in the "Free Agent Market".

3. This could possibly encourage daytrading.
I think this can be resolved by setting price slightly higher than the average market price and based on their potential.
For example:
Star : 100 x Salary
Allstar : 125 x Salary
P.Allstar : 175 x Salary
Superstar : 225 x Salary
MVP : 300 x Salary
HoF : 400 x Salary
ATG : 600 x Salary

These are just examples but yeah, a higher price will definitely reduce the possibility of teams daytrading as they would lose money if they do so. Some might argue that this would be unfair as teams need to fork out more money to get a hold of these talents. Well, yes..but I think this would also mean that teams would be more serious in training these players having paid a higher price and that they value the players more.
OR
Just make it such that players bought from the "Free Agent Market" will not be tradeable for a set period of time (I'd say 2 or 3 seasons)

4. This could possibly encourage cheating where people start creating a lot of teams and just let the teams die ti increase the talents available in the "Free Agent Market".
Yes..I can't think of a solution for this problem. So yeah, if this was to be accepted and implemented (being optimistic XD), it should definitely be after this problem can be resolved.

These are the points I could think of so far.. Not too sure whether its a good suggestion or not but yeah, if you disagree with me, just comment, I would like to learn and see what I got wrong too:)
But if you agree/like my suggestion, give me a ball :D

Thanks! XD

Last edited by Muffins at 5/6/2013 3:27:09 PM

This Post:
241377.3 in reply to 241377.2
Date: 5/7/2013 3:25:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Does it mean that once a while a team might be able to draft a franchise player? Or do you mean every team will get a franchise player? Cause if its drafting, what if a contending team drafts the lad(very likely in micronations since there are fewer active teams), the franchise player would rot as he cant be trade or fired@@Having said that I personally think macronations will gain an even bigger advantage since they have a higher probability that a serious trainer will be able draft a franchise player compared to micronations as fewer teams means that there are fewer franchise playersand that these franchise player will probably end up in a non-training team..especially when most teams are in the high leagues.

Also, the fact that they have no cap and that they cant be traded or fired ever would be troublesome imho, people will be able train those players to monstrous salaries that they cant afford and have no choice but go bankrupt.

Just some stuffs i could think about

This Post:
241377.5 in reply to 241377.4
Date: 5/13/2013 3:44:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not sure if it is still true but there used to be heaps of Chinese teams in division III with a $250,000+ salary player that they trained every week even though they were capped and old and then a few $1k scrubs.

This Post:
241377.9 in reply to 241377.6
Date: 5/22/2013 9:27:33 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
we now will count down for under 30k
You've said this for a bit... I've been noticing a lot of teams going bot, but the user base doesn't seem to be dropping. Any evidence?

This Post:
241377.10 in reply to 241377.9
Date: 5/22/2013 9:29:17 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Never mind, I answered my own question:

39878 active managers from over 227 countries around the world, playing in BuzzerBeater's 98 countries
It used to be over 40k.