BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Bankruptcy Question

Bankruptcy Question

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/7/2013 10:20:03 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Despite the fact that I have had a projected positive average net income every week, my team fell under 500k in debt last a week ago. This is mainly due to the fact that my team went a week without playing a home game, and admittedly I was running my margins tight this season. I always get above -500k immediately after the economic update with my first home game for the week, but not enough to get in the positive. I have not been over 500k in debt for more than a day. I should easily get out of debt next week with two back-to-back league home games (which compensate for the back-to-back away games that screwed me over), but it'll be a few days after the two week limit in the rules.

My question is whether or not the rule is that I have to get in the positive within two weeks of the day I fall under 500k or if it's that I have to get over -500k within two weeks or what. I want to know so that I can sell a player before next Monday if my team is going to be liquidated then.

Personally, I think it makes no sense to make it that once you fall under -500k, even for just a day, you only have two weeks to get in the positive. It punishes top teams because they have much larger fluctuations in their operational incomes, but usually are guaranteed to make up the deficits up quickly once they get the large payments from home games. Regardless, any help with my question is greatly appreciated.

This Post:
241441.2 in reply to 241441.1
Date: 5/8/2013 3:58:09 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The way I read it is that the counter begins with the economic update and you have one more economic update after that. The third economic update is when you get into trouble.

The text in the manual:
If you drop below -$500k, you must get out of debt within two weeks or your key players will be put on the transfer list at a starting price of zero. If after selling your players you are still not out of bankrupcy, you will be fired as manager at the next economic update. Bankrupcy is calculated first in the economic update and active bids on your players do not count as money you have to avoid bankruptcy.

This Post:
241441.3 in reply to 241441.1
Date: 5/9/2013 7:23:20 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Just fire your trainers if you need the cash and or cut off BB draft money for those back to back away games in the future// You can always cut it back on and or buy 1-2 training guys again.. To me the Pr manager is most important because he bring in the money.. I know the other's save money but new money is always better in my opinion lol.

Yes its messed up with that area, I don't buy a lot of trainers nor do I do the draft. I save a lot of money a year. But I think your screwed with this though because of 1 week salary rules.

Last edited by Mr. Glass at 5/9/2013 7:24:47 AM

This Post:
241441.4 in reply to 241441.1
Date: 5/9/2013 1:46:32 PM
HAHA001
IBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Wow ... long story short, you should be fine as long as you dont touch -500k or worse two weeks in a row.

This Post:
241441.5 in reply to 241441.1
Date: 5/13/2013 8:57:02 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I've had this problem in the past (and may actually this coming week as well- same problem as you- no home games this week), and haven't had an issue yet. I think it's as other posters have said, two economic updates in a row, not relative to the day you went into debt (though presumably that would be on your economic update).

Purely out of curiosity, I've been wondering about a cheat around getting all of your players sold off. Say, like in this case, you're in debt for the week and project to get out soon enough, but in this pretend case, you'll go "bankrupt" having been below $500k two weeks in a row. Rather than having everybody sold starting at $1, could you circumvent the rules for a week and put all of your players at a ridiculously high transfer price, say on Saturday, so that come Sunday they're on the transfer wire, but stand no chance of being sold?

Purely hypothetical.

This Post:
241441.6 in reply to 241441.5
Date: 5/15/2013 4:49:42 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
if they dont sell you still have to pay them.