Suggestions > Petition For Trading

Petition For Trading

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/13/2013 7:58:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hey Guys,

I started playing this game a few months ago, division 5, generally no-name manager of an average team. However, throughout all my time playing this addicting game I badly wanted the one thing that BB does not offer; trading.

I am not talking about day-trading, that is not trading. I want for there to be a mechanism in which two managers can work out a deal (by mailing each other) and both agreeing to transfer at least 1 player to each other. This deal would only go through if both teams click a "I accept this deal" button that would serve as a last chance to back out, similar to how firing a player would work. Now this would be instantly beneficial in many ways; some teams have great players, but just need a solid shorter, or a front-court man to create a balanced team, while another manager might need a shooter that in this theoretical case, is dispensable in the eyes of the first manager.

A manager should be able to deal away up to 2 players in exchange for one, but as always, only if both teams accept. It would not be necessary to allow trade transfers between multiple managers at a time, as multiple teams could simply shuttle players back and forth until everyone ends up with their desired player. I understand that this shuffling method will raise some eyebrows since there is no stopping a player from refusing to shuttle a player to another team once they have obtained this piece. In order to combat this, a team can undo the trade for up to 24 hours after the trade has occurred, with no repercussions. After that time period, nothing can be done to re-obtain this player.

I wouldn't want to over-complicate this though, so I am not proposing a free-agent/restricted free-agent process like the NBA does. Players should be able to be traded for up to a month prior to playoffs. This is just a vague outline of what I hope would happen is trading was allowed.If this gains enough traction, we could call for more specifics. Since I am unfortunately not a supporter, I cannot conduct a poll. PLEASE spread this post along to as many people as accessible, since I know that lots of managers wish for trading to be part of BB. If someone could also create a poll related to this or attach a poll to this post and we get a LOT of support, we could possibly convince the runners of this website to make trading a dream come true.

Thank you, and I hope you consider my proposition.

This Post:
241648.3 in reply to 241648.2
Date: 5/14/2013 12:14:59 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Trading has been proposed many times because it's how NBA works, but this would be a huge problem over here on BB. Imagine all the possibility for cheating this would create and you will understand why we can't accept this.

I let you find and read the thread about this suggestion and you will have extended propositions and extended reasons of why cheat trading can't be easily blocked.

I was about to write the same ;-)

This Post:
241648.4 in reply to 241648.1
Date: 5/15/2013 9:40:22 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Trading gets proposed all the time and is a terrible idea. Policing collision and unbalanced trades would become a full time job for the people running the site. It would effectively kill this entire game/site in a few weeks. Literally.

The transfer wire is exactly why this game works where others have failed.

This Post:
241648.5 in reply to 241648.4
Date: 5/22/2013 5:58:57 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Trading gets proposed all the time and is a terrible idea. Policing collision and unbalanced trades would become a full time job for the people running the site. It would effectively kill this entire game/site in a few weeks. Literally.

Agree completely. GMs already carry a lot of work on their shoulders almost for free (I think they get free supporter). I wouldn't support anything that would require a greater involvement by GMs unless they can get paid...