BuzzerBeater Forums

Help - English > Revamp and Trainees

Revamp and Trainees

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 5/18/2013 6:34:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
As you may have remembered i decided to revamp my team and so far so good. I sold everyone off and now have what I think are a couple of good trainees. I have now built up a pretty good arena that I think can stabilize me as I go back and forth between D.IV and D.III. My question is how many trainees should I get? (If I do should I wait until after the draft and pick up true 18 y.o.?) And what do you think of these trainees? I realize next year they are going to be nineteen.

6'0"
Superstar

Jump Shot: average Jump Range: mediocre
Outside Def.: strong Handling: mediocre
Driving: mediocre Passing: respectable
Inside Shot: mediocre Inside Def.: pitiful
Rebounding: atrocious Shot Blocking: inept
Stamina: average Free Throw: respectable

Experience: atrocious

6'0"
Perennial All-star

Jump Shot: proficient Jump Range: average
Outside Def.: respectable Handling: awful
Driving: respectable Passing: average
Inside Shot: pitiful Inside Def.: awful
Rebounding: pitiful Shot Blocking: pitiful
Stamina: awful Free Throw: pitiful

I believe I can make these guys into competitive D.III guards (as I just sold 2 in which I did that) but not sure beyond that.

This Post:
241803.2 in reply to 241803.1
Date: 5/18/2013 6:55:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
The most trainees I would advise you to get are 3, if you are single-position training. Even then, you might just want to stick with 2, as getting 3 guys 48+ for 1-position training can be a pain in the butt.

The first guy is looking good, and I would give him another pop in OD and PA, before moving onto his HA and DR. The second guy really needs 1v1 Guards, so he might benefit due to the elastic effect if and when you train it.

This Post:
241803.3 in reply to 241803.1
Date: 5/18/2013 7:15:27 PM
Surry Hills Peeps
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I think 3 trainees is the most I would do from an early age, I tend to do a lot of one position training ie OD so my young guys can stay on the floor long enough to get the whole 48 mins needed and only need one game each time to do it.

IMO both of the guys you have here are very far behind for 1 week to go being 18 yo's, you might be able to train them for a whole season and off load them for a little cash though if that is of interest to you. I would normally not pick up anything less than Superstar unless they were reasonably developed and even then they would be my 3rd guy in any case.

I just feel that if I am going to pay an expensive trainer and invest season long training into guys, then I want it to be worth it long term.