BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Assist per game number in a competitive league

Assist per game number in a competitive league

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 2/1/2014 1:42:19 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The highest apg i've ever encounter is 7apg. It would be entertaining if any legendarious player with 15-20 Passing level can average more than that, regardless of defense.

I can understand when a monoskilled Passing might average less, but for those with more balanced ones, they deserve better.

Poll:  Do you guys wish to see your best PG averaging more than 8ppg in B3 games?

Forget it. BB players tend to sell fish
Bring back Stockton & Nash replica !!

Champions are those who kept fighting till the end. Even if we lost, we are still the Champion. "The Queen - We Are The Champions"
This Post:
254724.3 in reply to 254724.1
Date: 2/1/2014 6:58:55 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Posesion count is lower by like 20 percent. so since in nba 11 asists are alot at average there in bb nash would be like 9. Also if your overall passing for players tends to be great you get way less assists. For example my 15 passing pg averaged 17 asists league 4 but sg and others passing was ridiculously low. Now my passing for starting lineup looks like this : 15 14 12 14 15, my center averages 7.5 in league 3, pg 6 and pf 5.8 assists. i have 3 players in top 10 at league and i am always highest passing team 29+asists int 75 possesion, so nearly half. NBa has lower pass per posesion ratings. For example nba raptors had total of like 11 asists per game before rudy gay leaved. that was 11 asists in like 95 posesions.

Also in nba highest passes like cp3, nash tends to play somewhat outside isolation/pick and roll 90 percent of a time. So thats why they make so many asists, because they have the ball in their hands so long. I can be sure if you lay outside isolation in bb you could get 10+asists average in highest league.

Last edited by Gajus Julijus Cezaris at 2/1/2014 7:12:04 AM

This Post:
254724.4 in reply to 254724.3
Date: 2/1/2014 9:26:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
In addition, in the NBA decent guards are nearly automatic on open jump shots and shoot a decent percentage on open threes, while in BB even teams running an outside offense with outside shooting players can't even hit a decent percentage on just their open shots, let alone the high percentage of ones that are contested.

This Post:
254724.6 in reply to 254724.5
Date: 2/2/2014 8:19:53 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
My best 3P shooter has 55.2% in 3FG%. Second best 38.5%. And then i have been mixing up offenses a lot.

One of my best jump shooters is still well under 50% on assisted (non-contested) jumpers in the time I've had him. Last season my two highest-percentage three point shooters (excluding the guy who went 1-1) shot worse on assisted threes than on contested ones (and these were not the big men, who that makes sense for). The game is just funky like that - it's one of the quirks that I'd like to see fixed but it's not exactly the end of the world.

This Post:
254724.7 in reply to 254724.1
Date: 2/3/2014 3:42:40 AM
Kira Kira Koseki
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Yubi Yubi
A lack of high APG numbers is a side effect of the Passing skill being so gosh darn expensive for Point Guards, and free up to a certain point for every other position. This results in a higher percentage of assists coming from players other than the PG, which in turn makes it difficult for any PG to maintain a high APG. Outside defence also plays a role, as high OD players are a dime a dozen at the higher levels, whilst the same certainly cannot be said about high PA players...

Tweaking the formula so that Passing is cheaper for PG's may help...

Last edited by Jay (OTT) at 2/3/2014 11:25:55 AM

This Post:
254724.8 in reply to 254724.2
Date: 2/4/2014 1:48:39 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
An important thing to explain why the APG is lower than NBA is the fact that the PPG per team is also lower.

In NBA, all is made for high scoring game and players. Carmelo Anthony is a star. Referees do not whistle travels. While in BB, any thread about how you should train him or him, people will say "don't forget to train the defense". On a very quick glance, it seems there is slightly more possessions per game in NBA than in BB also.

In the end, less scoring, less shot, hence less assist.

Indeed. We notice like less mid/long range shots, and assists numbers only comes occasionally.
Also, like NBA, BB deserve star players too.

1. Tweak training so that JS/JR will be more attractive than OD.
2. Grant "star treatment" to each players that have NT/JNT flag on their player card.
3. More pick and roll scheme. Smart ball creator and his "mailman" shall deserve this.

Champions are those who kept fighting till the end. Even if we lost, we are still the Champion. "The Queen - We Are The Champions"
This Post:
254724.9 in reply to 254724.3
Date: 2/4/2014 2:15:24 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Can't agree more with you. With more nifty passers in a team, ballflow is better and assist numbers would be spreading randomly. Could be one of the reason why my HOF PG i groomed looks average in APG, because i have 3 more players with Passing at least 11.

I can be sure if you lay outside isolation in bb you could get 10+asists average in highest league.

Outside Isolation: Your team finds their best outside scorer. Normal Pace.
I assume this tactic worked best for player with best ballhandling and scoring ability (either painted area or downtown), with passing as his second best ability.

This Post:
254724.10 in reply to 254724.9
Date: 2/4/2014 9:06:18 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I can be sure if you lay outside isolation in bb you could get 10+asists average in highest league.

Outside Isolation: Your team finds their best outside scorer. Normal Pace.
I assume this tactic worked best for player with best ballhandling and scoring ability (either painted area or downtown), with passing as his second best ability.

I would think that driving would be likely be almost as important as JS/JR, if not more so.

This Post:
254724.11 in reply to 254724.10
Date: 2/5/2014 2:39:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're right. I missed driving.