BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > Training players!

Training players!

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/11/2015 11:33:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I just recently went a different way and through a cup game to remain in division 4 is my goal for this season I have mainly 18 to 19 year olds maybe a 20 or 23 in there whats a good age to stop training players and put them on the market and build a different core? Or I could stay with this squad of young guns and save my money and invest into arena. Which one should I do? thanks.

Heading on the right path so far. Are you?
This Post:
268740.2 in reply to 268740.1
Date: 4/12/2015 1:06:21 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Would always say keep your best product, but it depends on the situation. I would say the best age to stop training a prospect is around 23 years old. But if you want to have a successful caped plays with as many TSP as you can get in him, usually takes up until 24 i would say. It varies a lot on player builds and potential as well, since a all star would cap faster than a superstar and a shooting guard with great secondaries would cap slower than a guard with pumped up js jr od. If you like your crop of polished trainees, I would always say keep the 2 best and sell the 3rd trainee for dough, and use that for your new crop of trainees, arena upgrade, or anything you need.

Last edited by tough at 4/12/2015 1:08:14 AM

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
268740.3 in reply to 268740.2
Date: 4/12/2015 2:39:45 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So youre saying sell them once they hit a certain age like 23. Could I be like the spurs and keep them till they old as dirt and make massive amount of money from them? Would you think ill promote to division 3 or so with the same guys as they age and grow? Or should I do like you say and go with a market apporach and make money even faster with a chance to demote?

This Post:
268740.4 in reply to 268740.3
Date: 4/12/2015 10:55:19 AM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
When players age, they also lose value on the TL. If you keep someone past their prime (I say prime is 26-29) then their value will get lower. Selling a player has a big factor on the skill set. If you have 3 trainees who are worth 800k-a mil then by all means I would sell one of the three. Because the revenue from selling that one player would be enormous. For your team, I think you can get to d3 www ity the trainees you have. But one issue I see in your team is not that you have too few trainees, you have too many trainees. You have lots of forwardq sized guys. Then you have a big man and some guards as well. I would train the MVP spainish forward since he looks to have the most upside. Then look at th e other 2 forward prospects and pick the best ones from there.

Training forwards is a challenge but with some help it can be done. Forwards are the most profitable trainees on the TL. What their skills look like?

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!
This Post:
268740.5 in reply to 268740.4
Date: 4/12/2015 2:39:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I dont have a spainish small foward, however since you think I have too many trainees I think thats where you got something wrong. Quote you can never have too much money therefore you can never have too many trainees. I went that way because I knew that my team didnt have a chance to get promoted plus I was interested in making profit once they hit 21 now I might wait a tad bit longer and invest into arena. It might just make sense for me to stay logical and keep my players before there prime but I need more than just one person on here saying thats there prime age.. So for that instance I'll keep my core untill 25 and rebuild my team again.

This Post:
268740.6 in reply to 268740.5
Date: 4/12/2015 2:52:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
He most likely means Elata, who is 6'6" and therefore a possible SF trainee. He's listed as a PG now, but he does not have to stay a PG.

As for having too many trainees, since if you are trying to get max training each week you can only train 6 players when doing two-position training and 3 players if doing singe-position training, it is possible to have too many trainees. And most people generally focus on a smaller number, such that they may have two primary trainees and a third who will be trained but they are willing to have get less than 48 minutes some weeks if they need to get extra minutes for one of the first two. Similarly if doing two position training, there most likely is a hierarchy of the trainees such that 2 or 3 will be guaranteed to get 48 minutes while trainees 4-6 will have declining priority for those minutes.

Last edited by Alec Burke at 4/12/2015 2:53:57 PM

This Post:
268740.7 in reply to 268740.5
Date: 4/12/2015 2:58:39 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
I dont have a spainish small foward, however since you think I have too many trainees I think thats where you got something wrong. Quote you can never have too much money therefore you can never have too many trainees. I went that way because I knew that my team didnt have a chance to get promoted plus I was interested in making profit once they hit 21 now I might wait a tad bit longer and invest into arena. It might just make sense for me to stay logical and keep my players before there prime but I need more than just one person on here saying thats there prime age.. So for that instance I'll keep my core untill 25 and rebuild my team again.

Yes you do have a Spanish SF (http://www.buzzerbeater.com/player/35268816/overview.aspx)

He has the height of an SF . Remember, you don't have to go by listed position, you go by their height

For training purposes, you will almost never cap out a high potential guy if you do team training. This is what it looks like you're about to do. Team training makes the popping come much slower, and it would take weeks for some to pop even once. Team training isn't the best training strategy, which is why I say you have too many trainees. You can easily train someplayers to be in their prime, and then buy players who are in their prime too. Save money, train players , and you will eventually have enough cash to buy a great player in their prime if you do the strategy right. What I would do is train Eletas, Kristensen, and Mavros to be great forwards, and take out the rest of those guys. The Brazilian HOF isn't really great to train anymore, mane some of the players I expect have flaws. If you can train those 3 as a core, and keep building arena, you will have the cash to buy a great player.

Sorry but, you can have too many trainees. and @ browncoats: hit the nail on the head, good post.

Last edited by tough at 4/12/2015 3:01:37 PM

This Post:
268740.8 in reply to 268740.7
Date: 4/12/2015 3:01:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I sold eleta off your not looking at my current roster

This Post:
268740.9 in reply to 268740.6
Date: 4/12/2015 3:02:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Thanks

This Post:
268740.10 in reply to 268740.8
Date: 4/12/2015 3:05:57 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Nope, he looks like he is still a sharpshooter

(http://www.buzzerbeater.com/player/35268816/overview.aspx)

You trying to sell him off or something?

This Post:
268740.11 in reply to 268740.10
Date: 4/12/2015 3:28:30 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
o your talking about eleta nvm. I thought you were talking about calderer no im not trying to sell im trying to train him to full potential. The only reason I got confuse is that he is a point gaurd best position not a small foward