BuzzerBeater Forums

Bugs, bugs, bugs > See this is why i dont list players for $1

See this is why i dont list players for $1 (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 4/30/2015 10:04:29 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Except this one time i do , and sods law.

Bidding starts low on MVP 18 year old with great skills. Bidding is going slowly but steady. an hour or so before the deadline the site goes down for hours and the player goes dirt cheap for maybe 3-4 times less than what he would have done so with late bidding.

What happens? Is it just sorry but not sorry?. Does the server get rolled back so that the transfers can get extended? I tried searching but didnt really see much.

Last edited by DanielPaton at 4/30/2015 10:06:56 AM

This Post:
269834.2 in reply to 269834.1
Date: 4/30/2015 10:20:52 AM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
As always, trying to get more by trying to get a bid war going does carry its risks. The site is now much more stable than 2 years ago, but these things happen and they are never planned. We have, however, warned about site instability during the offseason processing. It's right there, on the main news page. I'm not saying "I told you so", I'm saying "yes, we are truly sorry this happened, but it was beyond our control, and the chances of this happening are higher during this period". I hate downtime. It's the worst. I truly do hate seeing what it does to our users too. It sucks bigtime.

Should we should put a disclaimer on the player overview page saying "please don't put a player on the transfer list for less than a minimum of what you intend to sell him for because unpredictable things can happen and he might not end up in a bid war, so if you do, you carry the risk"? I don't think this is necessary. I think most people know this, we've said it many times right here in the bugs forum. But since the site is now so stable and 99.99% of the time it's up and running nicely, most people will ignore the risk. But bad things sometimes happen and we cannot prevent them, predict them or fix all of the consequences. A roll back is not possible. It is what it is, sadly.

Last edited by BB-Marin at 4/30/2015 10:22:53 AM

This Post:
269834.3 in reply to 269834.2
Date: 4/30/2015 10:34:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
So basically , you cant even win on the draft even when you do invest heavily and do finally hit that lottery quality pick.

You then list him and dont even make back your investment because of a carry on like this.

I'm not angry at you personally marin , don't take my criticism personally.

Message deleted
Message deleted