This Post:
270480.3 in reply to 270480.1
Date: 5/14/2015 7:42:55 PM
TrenseRI
III.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
ChiLeaders
It is true, we are still discussing what to do with such teams (the ones that remain pretty strong even after botification). There is no clear answer for now, but I don't see a problem with some bots staying strong at least until the season ends. After demotion we might need to do something about it though.

For now, the clear disadvantage of bots is the fact that they have minimal enthusiasm and predictable tactics, so they shouldn't be a problem for most managers.

This Post:
270480.10 in reply to 270480.7
Date: 5/15/2015 9:37:34 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i know there are better BOTs and worst BOTS, but this one is an illegal BOT, as yourself and Marin said before ...

Why is it an "illegal" bot and where did I or Marin said it was ?? What even "illegal bot" means ?

I think it means we need to ban the bot.

Although it's not necessarily pertinent to the bugs forum, since the discussion is ongoing I will point out that I'd consider it something that's more problematic for teams in lower levels for regular league play than the Cup. If you draw a strong bot or a weak bot in the Cup, that's one thing - a random draw is a random draw. But if a team in a low level had a bunch of players too strong to be released but stronger than a new team has, that could make the experience for new users placed in that division unpleasant. And if it's a league level that doesn't demote, a workaround based on demotion might not be good.

I'd almost think it would be best to have the entire roster replaced when the team goes bot - the players who are eligible for FA become FAs and the ones who don't are retired, and then a new roster of crappy players assigned (with any default lineups cleared as well). That does lead to some fairness issues where an inactive team may still be playing a strong lineup against some teams in the league and then give other teams easy wins, but that may be a small enough price to pay.