BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Hard for DI, easy for DIV

Hard for DI, easy for DIV (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
275521.3 in reply to 275521.1
Date: 11/28/2015 2:02:05 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the game should be the hardest for DI teams, for big does and b3 players. THe game should be really hard for them.
The game should be easy for DIV

So are you now changing your mind on taxing lower level teams but not DI?

This Post:
275521.5 in reply to 275521.4
Date: 11/28/2015 5:01:11 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Okay, fine, tax or cap some lower level teams but certainly not DI. Popular idea with DI coaches for sure, but other coaches can see right through it.

This Post:
275521.7 in reply to 275521.6
Date: 12/2/2015 5:11:31 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
For the bottom teams though it shoudl be easy, intuitive fun etc

I think the game should be intuitive and fun for all players. I agree that D1 should be harder than D4, but I am pretty sure most will agree that it already is.

I'm worried that your suggestions about making D1 "more expensive" and generally harder to win simply rewards teams that already have more money and makes it more difficult for newer teams. It already takes a long time to for new teams to make it to the top, we don't need to make it longer.

Also, this idea of making finals and B3 runs super unprofitable and making dynasties impossible may just bring us back to the old era, where teams would just essentially buy B3 championships by stockpiling money and purchasing unsustainable teams. The introduction of over-extension tax has made it harder for these teams, and thus easier for more sustainable teams to win. OE tax probably made it easier for dynasties to form (look at the current champion), but I'm sure most managers agree that it is a good thing.

To me the game as it is, already has a great balance between competitiveness and fun. Making D1 this super unprofitable place just seems like a step in the wrong direction. If the BBs want to help newer teams out, their plan of increasing the promotion bonuses is a great idea.

This Post:
275521.9 in reply to 275521.8
Date: 12/2/2015 7:35:58 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree with you that a money cap is a better way to go than a tax. I also really like this statement as I think it reveals the underlying issue

there will be a cap on how much tanker *should be can build before he is forced to invest in making DI

But also how can you say this

Right now though tanking is the norm. 1 or 2 real teams, everyone else tanks. That is a game design issue.

That seems quite extreme. Maybe it's true in Japan, but in Canada, it was the other way around. 1 or 2 teams tanking and the rest being competitive. Sure, maybe only a few teams have a chance at winning the championship, but just because you're not going to win the championship doesn't mean you're tanking.

This Post:
275521.11 in reply to 275521.10
Date: 12/2/2015 7:55:35 PM
Edson Rush
II.3
Overall Posts Rated:
Yeah, I can see how tanking can be a bigger issue in micro nations and maybe even some larger nations. Maybe, for new users in micro nations they can let them choose whether to make their team in their country or in Utopia (for free). To help preserve the NT teams, even if they make their team in Utopia, all their players and draftees would have their original country's nationality. What do you think?