BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Speeches

U21 National Team Speeches (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
276705.2 in reply to 276705.1
Date: 2/15/2016 5:36:04 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Reserved

This Post:
276705.3 in reply to 276705.1
Date: 2/15/2016 6:18:37 PM
Mountain Eagles
III.1
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Ric Flair Drippers
Hello America,

I’m sure many of you guys know me, but for those who do not, the name’s tough, manager of the Mountain Eagles. My little team is in D3, training a hopeful NT Prospect in Jerry Vinson and just, well, sitting here until Vinson is ready to hit primetime.

Of course, many of you guys may be asking, “really, tough is applying for NT manager? Oh no…” But while I have my weaknesses, I also have strengths, and I think I can use these strengths and put it take it to the NT stage and help us win it all.

As many of you guys are aware, Phyr was our coach for awhile, following the legendary EBW. While he produced some great players, our team had bad luck 1st worlds go 'round and well we were 1 non set lineup from not going to worlds. After that, we lost to Serbia who used a star player and well it all went downhill. Our talent pool has become a bit depleted, shall I say, and well I will make innovative changes to that. As manager, I will do whatever in my power and be on every day to help the U21 get stronger, better, and in the future, get another gold trophy to our collection. I get on everyday, get on for every game day, as some of you have seen. I’m also a good analyzer, and while sometimes I may ask for help for a big game coming up, I don’t do it just because I flat out don’t know what to do; I like to see it from different views and decipher the outcomes of the game. Having different managers from all level’s perspective is helpful from the BB standpoint, it’s what helps the community get more involved and active in the game. This is what I want to bring back to USA BB. The arguments, debates, the discussions that help us with our own teams. Sure, in the end some managers may make the wrong decisions, but I will take 100% blame for that, as I’m the U21 NT Manager and only I have the access to the Set Lineup page on the computer.

I will help extensively in our scouting efforts to help rebuild the U21. Over the years the involvement in the domestic scouting has diminished, with a little growth this season, which is a great sign. If we can all help out in scouting, our pipeline will be flourished for seasons to come. Players like Devin Farnsworth, Stewart Tripp, Jamey Olivas is what the team is lacking at at the moment. We need new faces in the community as well, and enhance our ability to grow these U21 Stars. I will help re-construct the scouting pool a bit in order to keep everyone tuned in with the U21 and further develop competitive training. The viewpoint that I have is that we'll have multiple player builds options for the trainer to choose, and we'll help that trainer out with the builds that will benefit the manager the most, but also the U21 Team as well. I know, many NT/U21 managers before me have said the same words in their speeches, but I am confident our U21 can work together in re-establishing the winning culture. Now trust me, this process may take a little while, but the situation it what it is and I'll try my best to improve the situation, and have plentiful players remain trained for the future coaches as well.That way it is set and they will not have to come across the issue of player shortages again.

Bear with me, this process is going to take some time, but I am confident that the trainers, the managers, and the players are some of the best in the land. With the help of you guys, we can take USA to the top once again. I don’t want it to be my U21, I want it to be the U21 NT of the people. Sure, I may have all the fancy tools and toggles that you others won’t have, but I want the people to have a major say so in the America U21. It starts with you guys, because I can't, nor the best managers can't train and make an entire U21 team ourselves. I want the US to come back to the top just as much as you guys do too.

The future of the USA U21 will be at the hands of all of us. Let's work together, get it done and we'll be back on the top.

Thanks for your time,

tough

3 Time NBBA Champion. Certified Trainer. Mentor. Have any questions? Feel free to shoot me a BB-Mail!

This Post:
276705.4 in reply to 276705.3
Date: 2/15/2016 6:49:44 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Tha Yimmy here, owner of team Good Intel, and previous owner of Bellyachers (then known as FurySK), and I am asking for your votes to become the new u21 manager.

For those who were unaware, Phyr has finished what he feels is his run as the u21 manager. Phyr had some good moments in his first two years as the u21 coach, even if the success was not what he had hoped, as talent depletion was already well underway. Such talent depletion was likely the direct result of the drop in active buzzerbeater players, something that cannot be replicated. Thankfully, he was able in his second term to hold onto home court for us for the upcoming season (Americas tournament).

When analyzing where we need to improve going forward, we must first learn from those who bettered us in this season’s tournament. Serbia with the help of a star potential player won their way into worlds, which in turn eliminated the US squad into the consolation tournament and bracket thereafter. Aiming potential down towards star would handicap the team in the latter stages of the tournament, but having the all-star and perennial all-star players available for u21 consideration would allow for the expansion of talent to make up for the loss of manpower that our nation has seen in ownership. In order to compensate, new theories on building u21 players based on talent will be structured for the benefit of both new owners and the u21 team for those interested in the advice of veteran managers.

When speaking of veteran managers, I suspect many will not have made the connection from this team to my former team. Team 22921, also known as the Bellyachers, was the team I ran until I wanted a new challenge of building in the current market conditions of the game. We spent 12 seasons working diligently for not only the u21 team in the US, but for global talent that might contribute to their teams. Kevin Davis was part of Fewmits run as u21 manager, and made up for his lack in potential and top end total skill points by being a consistently 8-9 game shape guard. I also had a Turkish SF whom was working towards becoming a top SG/SF threat before I took the team bot. He now has a home with the Bloody Eagles, a D.II US team. In terms of my current team, I have structured this team to promote 2 seasons ago, gaining the funding needed and the draft points needed to make a run at the talent pool. I then demoted to gain control of draftees (sadly, none of which turned out to be the best u21 players), and will be aiming to double up on promotion going forward.

What would I bring to the table as strengths? I have a very good understanding of the game, and a very good understanding of what the other u21 teams are likely thinking in each situation. Whether or not Phyr vouches for it, I had a pretty accurate understanding of the mindset that most of the teams in the consolation bracket might take, and I think that I can not only hold my own on this end, but exceed the talents of many other nations’ u21 managers. I also have spent a lot of time developing and looking at players up into the end of their age 21 seasons, and have an eye out for both myself and the National Team. I will also be bringing a wider variety of offensive and defensive decisions to the table, which may create issues for other teams when they attempt to game plan against us. Finally, I am on both the main website helping teams in my own divisions as well as on the offsite offering advice (including aiding tough when he was first putting his team together). I’ll be happy to answer any questions in the debate thread.

Thanks for you time,

Josh (Good Intel)

Last edited by FurY at 2/15/2016 6:56:37 PM

Message deleted
Message deleted
This Post:
276705.7 in reply to 276705.5
Date: 2/16/2016 9:14:36 PM
LionPride
III.11
Overall Posts Rated:
Good morning. In less than a week, voters from all across the country will be joining each other. And they will be conducting the biggest election in the history of Buzzerbeater.

Buzzerbeater, that word should have a new meaning to all of us. We can't be divided by our petty team differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests.

Perhaps it is fate that next Sunday is a week after Valentines day, and you will once again be fighting for triumph. Not from tyranny, or oppression, or persecution. But from embarrassment

We're righting for our right to dominate on the hardwood.

And should I win the day, next Sunday, than the 21st of February will no longer become a world language day, but as the day that us Americans declared in one voice,
"We will not lose to Bosnia and Herzegovina!
We will not fail to make the semifinals
We're going to advance
We're going to win
Sunday, we celebrate our New Era... day!"

Oriolekid snapped out of his delusions. America's U-21 world trophy still lie in the Estonian swamp. Frustrated, believing his quests has been a giant time waste, he sits down and he pants at America, "I can't, their players are too big; it's too hard."

America fixes his brow, tickled by these words for an opportunity for a lesson has arose. "Size matters not, look at me. Judge me by my size do you? Mhm? And where you should not, for my ally is the people, and a powerful ally it is. Winning breeds them, makes them grow. Their passion surrounds us, and binds us. Insatiable beings are we, not that crude losing we're used to. You must feel the passion surround you. In you, me, that basketball, the players; everywhere! Even between Estonia and America."

"You want the impossible."

America sighs as Oriolekid grabs his jacket and go sulks in the jungle with Jelme. He extends one single arm, just three Eagle talons attached to a real fat body. But in that swamp, that thick, dreadful swamp, emerges America's trophy. With such delicate grace, and elegance does America set it down, safe and in one piece.

Oriolekid storms past America, in complete disbelief. He touches the trophy- America's trophy- not yet convinced it is real.

"I don't believe it!" he exclaims.

That, is why Phyr failed," America sighs.

Oriolekid grabbed the trophy. "I promise you, America, I will not fail you. I'm not afraid!"

"Good," America leads.

Last edited by oriolekid at 2/16/2016 9:14:57 PM