KD is joining the Dubs

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 7/4/2016 12:56:26 PM
DunkTales
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
As a Dubs-Fan, I´m really thrilled about the news. Still I´m not sure, how it will work out, because we will have a hube lack on Big. Best Team in NBA history? I don´t think so. But replacing Bogut and HB is a move, I absolutely appreciate, regarding their vary performances during the last season.

I mean, the Dubs have a complete different mentality and a different way of basketball. In addition to that, it won´t be Durants team. He won´t be THE leader, as he was in OKC.

What do you guys think. Will Durant lift the Warriors to the next level or will it be the next Kevin Love?
Will the NBA become boring or is this move a great advertisement for the leag, as it was in 2010 with Miamis big three?

I´m looking forward to your opinions.

Best regards
Bommy

This Post:
280507.3 in reply to 280507.1
Date: 7/4/2016 5:16:15 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Coward move. They were up 3-1 on that team, that now will lose two starters and a few bench players. I hope this team fails.

OKC should completely start over now. Get whatever you can for Westbrook.

Größter Knecht aller Zeiten aka His Excellency aka President for Life aka Field Marshal Al Hadji aka Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas aka aka Conqueror of the Buzzerbeater Empire in Europe in General and Austria in Particular

This Post:
280507.5 in reply to 280507.3
Date: 7/4/2016 6:06:14 PM
DunkTales
II.4
Overall Posts Rated:
Okey, that move might not be the most challenging one, but I wouldn´t describe it as cowardly.

Espacially when you consider all the hate, he will face in the next months and years. Medias describe that move even worse than "the decision". Staying at OKC would have been really easy for him and his image would be undamaged. But there must reasons, why he decided to leave OKC.

I think that this move is also driven by the frustration of the OKC management. Although they had a very good roster with several good players around KD and Westbrook, they weren´t able to keep key player like Ibaka and James Harden. Especially that Serge Ibaka was traded to Orlando must have been a crucial moment for his decision. OKC had a contender team and without a need, they rip that apart, instead of trying one last run, with the 3-1 roster.

Also it seems not clear, how well Russ and KD got along. Russ took more and more responsibility and attention during the last season. Sometimes it looked to me that this was Westbrooks team and not KDs. (Although, I might overinterpret on this one)

Both are leaders . They both stood up during the playoffs with the "we, against the world" mentality and failed. I guess this might have caused some cracks within the team chemnistry and the Russ-KD-relationship. All that summed up, makes the decision quite valid to me. Although I also see some problems, integrating KD in the Warriors offense. It´s completely different to the isolation basketball of OKC and it includes many risks, that this project might fail. -> No Bigs

And yes, we´re loosing our 2 weakest starters and several bench-players. I´m not sad, that HB ist leaving. I hope, he will improve as a player and will carry the Mavs to the playoffs. Bogut just has to stay healthy. During the last season Bogut has not been playing very constantly on a high level. And HB was just a disaster. Loosing them to get a Kevin Durant, I´m more than happy about that trade.....despite it goes against the wisedom "never touch a running system."

Maybe it fails, maybe it will work. Either way, today I´m just happy :-)

About the bench-payer: As Dubs-Fan I have to admitt, that I´m concerned that we wont be able to match the losses of our bench players. And it is a bit sad, that our slogan "Strength in Numbers" won´t be valid anymore. :-(

This Post:
280507.6 in reply to 280507.5
Date: 7/4/2016 6:15:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Especially that Serge Ibaka was traded to Orlando must have been a crucial moment for his decision. OKC had a contender team and without a need, they rip that apart, instead of trying one last run, with the 3-1 roster.

Durant was contacted about the trade.

Also it seems not clear, how well Russ and KD got along. Russ took more and more responsibility and attention during the last season. Sometimes it looked to me that this was Westbrooks team and not KDs. (Although, I might overinterpret on this one)

The Warriors are going to be KD's team and not Curry's? Don't see that happening.

During the last season Bogut has not been playing very constantly on a high level. And HB was just a disaster.

Barnes was only disappointing during the Finals. Bogut played his role perfectly and was a big part of the Warriors blitzing the Cavs early on. An argument can be made that if Bogut doesn't go down, the Warriors are two-time champions.

This Post:
280507.8 in reply to 280507.7
Date: 7/4/2016 8:25:00 PM
Milwaukee Lethargy
III.8
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Miłwaukee Lethargy

Or let's not! if you can't beat 'em, join 'em! NBA 2017

This Post:
280507.10 in reply to 280507.9
Date: 7/4/2016 10:57:51 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Not to reiterate an old argument we had intentionally:

Durant here joining the warriors doing the whole "if you can't beat them join them" thing to me detracts from what was the greatness of Kevin Durant just a little bit. On top of that. The fact that the NBA and the salary cap, and the rules, and everything etc. Can enable a team that's back-to-back finals appearances and 1-1 in them to add the 2nd (3rd if you think Curry) best player in the NBA to join that team, just further illustrates to me on why I feel the NBA is a joke.

Here's the punchline of the NBA: How long until we see the USA Olympic team is really the (picking random city) Memphis Grizzlies. And then there's the rest of the NBA trying to not lose to the USA Olympic team, a.k.a. Mepmhis Grizzlies.

Dream Team was a dream because it was "unrealistic" for all those players to ever be on the same team. Ha. How little we knew then vs now right?