Suggestions > promotion changes

promotion changes

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/24/2016 5:12:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hi,

I read about the new relegation system. I think its fine for higher leagues that you earn a promotion when you had a very good season but misfortune in the playoff due to an injury or so.
But I think they have to check it for lower leagues before it starts.

I think when you have a bot league with 2 real teams, it makes no sense to relegate both of them with a stat of 22-0 and 21-1 when they are just begin to build a team. We have already the problem in our league that one newbie promoted after half a season and he is now unlucky to loose every game with -50. Of course in his case he was able to avoid it by loosing the final.
But if he cannot avoid the promotion by himself, maybe these players quit the game.

On the other hand you have strong league IV - leagues where 3 or 4 teams battle for promotion. In this case you have a stat of 19-3 or something like this and you are ready to promote but will be beaten by a bot league team with 21-1.

I think there is a need of these 2 posibilities:
- stats for promotion are only versus real teams and then you use the percentage of won games and not the amout of winnings.
or
- the last league will be remixed every season. So only the first values are active players. For example:
IV1 13 real vs 3 bots (13)
IV2 14 real vs.2 bots (14)
IV3 all bots (0)
IV4 7 real vs 9 bot (7)
will be changed to:
IV1 13 from IV1 + 3 from IV2 (16)
IV2 remaining 11 from IV2 + 5 from IV4 (16)
IV3 remaining 2 from IV4 --> out of promotion rule for this season, you have "bot"-advantages with play it cool, good revenues with cheap team
Best would be in this case for new teams when they start in league V and automatically promote into league IV the next season. So you avoid the problem for new teams while the season.

By the way I also prefer a league cup instead of the current one. league I&II, league III and league IV play their own cups. And bot duels will be created first that they eliminate each other. To make it more equal for the teams on the same level.

This Post:
284169.2 in reply to 284169.1
Date: 12/24/2016 2:43:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I would like to see the option of being promoted or staying in the league that your in, to defend your championship if you wish, I dont know about all of you, but I like the idea of being the best and trying to win two in a row, a Promotion means the competition is more fierce yes, but you keep the same players you had from the previous league too correct, which I would think you would be at a minor disadvantage compared to someone whos been in that league for a couple of seasons..thoughts?

This Post:
284169.3 in reply to 284169.2
Date: 12/24/2016 3:34:22 PM
Durham Wasps
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Sunderland Boilermakers
I would also prefer to promote as champion, I wouldn't want to promote in another way, but equally I'm not keen on people being able to decline promotion. That means someone promotiing who deserves it even less.