BuzzerBeater Forums

BB USA > U21 National Team Debate Thread

U21 National Team Debate Thread (thread closed)

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
285292.4 in reply to 285292.3
Date: 3/18/2017 1:48:07 PM
Triple-Double
IV.26
Overall Posts Rated:
With the boost in player talent, how do you plan on building the teams with these classes?

This Post:
285292.5 in reply to 285292.2
Date: 3/18/2017 3:13:58 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Hot debate so far :)

How do the candidates plan to improve upon the bronze medal finish we had in last season's World Championship?

I don't think that the plan we used to get to round two was a bad plan. I merely failed at executing a proper plan for the Spain game, and had a rough time finding enough players in healthy gameshape for both taiwan matchups. The solution to the losses that we receive from teams like Spain is that we need to do a better job of understanding where we are at when facing a team like Spain. They have more users than the USA by 400, and that likely means they have more opportunities to get players developed for the u21 and NT if they so desire. If we are at a talent loss for that game, we're best served in the future TIE'ing and taking our lumps. That would allow us to focus on getting a favorable semi's matchup, where at minimum we would still be at Home and perhaps against an inferior opponent. With regards to Taiwan, I have 4 players invested in the u21 cause across my utopia and my main team. While they might not all be in 9 GS all the time, having control over some of the talent that is likely to play in this worlds run should improve it. I am hopeful that communication is better for the next class. I only got two regular responses, one from the Brazil manager who owned one of the players.

Also, we need to win the semifinals game in Americas to get an automatic round 1 worlds birth. So I'll be focusing initially on getting through that tournament.

This Post:
285292.6 in reply to 285292.3
Date: 3/18/2017 3:29:52 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
How do you improve and evaluate player talent in the US?

Don't think that we were doing too much wrong with the new ideas. We initially brought on 6 potential SF's and inside guards in scouting, but with the growth this season in talent amongst 18 and 19 year olds that was no longer necessary.

I'm actually not sure there really is a way to increase scouting and talent improvement too much more than we have currently without more involvement from managers. Having 2-3 more scouts would allow for draft classes to be split up amongst more people and allow for more detailed and hand crafted conversations to those players. Having more responses from the users with those players would also help.

The biggest obstacle we have right now as a scouting group is how to convince someone who isn't going to train their player that they need to sell and use the proceeds to buy someone else. Lots of people this off-season in every nation are selling off the guys that are HoF and MVP and SS for between 300k and 3m depending on their starting TSP and potential. If that player is never listed and sits on the bench all of his first season, cut those values from 300k-3M to 100k-750k. And then down to 25k-250k the following year. I don't want to upset owners who might otherwise train, but if you know that you have a good player and know that he's not going to be a part of your plans, you should definitely cash in and use that funding to aid your current plans. Bench scrubs seem to be going for between 1k and 50k for the low end, 200-400k for the playoff rentals that are over 34.

This Post:
285292.7 in reply to 285292.4
Date: 3/18/2017 3:33:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
With the boost in player talent, how do you plan on building the teams with these classes?

Get them out of 6 gameshape, and go from there.

I think the philosophy remains the same. Make sure we have a few people building point guards with sufficient passing. Have some focus on shooting from the perimeter well, have others set for LI. Maybe have a Guard who starts higher in primaries be a SF for games we might run a 3-2 sort of look or perimeter offense or face a perimeter offense. With bigs, we never seem to get the class that we think we will at the start of development. I'd like to get at least 12 bigs to survive to age 21 on pace to cap for their club team by the end of development while also being very useful to our squad. I'm a big believer in teams finding value in any u21 player they produce, whether they set their sights on long term development or making 2 million or more in profits when selling them.