BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Hand 3 month supporter for people helping on forums

Hand 3 month supporter for people helping on forums

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 11/18/2019 1:58:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Like with the prediction competition, give out one to the user who helped out the most on global forums. You can have a new ball counter of a different colour (say blue) and 2-3 GMs handing out 1 or 2 balls per thread. The counter resets at the end of the season.

This is a rather inexpensive way to increase participation in the help forums and it's controlled by staff. Even if it's subjective, nobody will really care as that's not the main reason why people help on forums anyway, but it's a nice gesture towards someone who actually contributed to the overall userbase community. I'm proposing this especially in view of a potential large influx of new users if and when the app is launched, because surely the existing community will need to step up a bit then.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 11/18/2019 2:01:28 PM

This Post:
301725.3 in reply to 301725.2
Date: 11/18/2019 6:34:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Well, I suggested GMs, but it's just to prevent cheering competitions and people getting votes undeservedly.

Instead of supporter some other 'reward' could be provided perhaps. Like you have those badges for those who do donated, you could devise something similar for people who get x y and z number of balls in the help forums over a period of time. Maybe add some achievements too. This doesn't involve tangible advantages, but at least provides recognition. Do you think this would work better and be easier to implement?

I thought about this because I read a few posts on the mentoring thread and I remembered Homer went bot in the past, but that's the kind of guys you want to give some recognition to.

Last edited by Lemonshine at 11/18/2019 6:36:01 PM