Suggestions > Buying Staff

Buying Staff

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
302774.3 in reply to 302774.2
Date: 1/22/2020 3:34:46 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
First line: I am trying to recruit a new trainer.

?????

Trainers are in fact the hardest when enough people have decided to dump an expensive one Friday to Sunday and try to re-buy for cheap between Monday and Thursday.

To: Eddy
This Post:
302774.4 in reply to 302774.1
Date: 1/22/2020 3:35:26 PM
Atelier
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Welcome to a capitalistic free market. The value is determined by what others are willing to pay for it. If the price of trainers is too high currently:

1. Wait until the demand settles
2. Decrease the level you want
3. Earn more money and buy one at that price

Just because you want to pay less money for higher quality things doesn't mean you get to.

2x NBBA Champion: S55, S56. 3x USA Cup Champion: S54, S55, S56. WR for longest home streak ever at 11 in Season 47.

This Post:
302774.6 in reply to 302774.5
Date: 1/22/2020 5:47:10 PM
Atelier
IV.13
Overall Posts Rated:
Depending on the exceptional trainer, paying 2M is not unreasonable. I found one for 19k salary a few season ago and payed 2.6M. This trainer lasted me for about 40 weeks (3 seasons). While I could see the cost being too high for many managers, top tier managers training NT talent should not have much difficulty snagging them.

Sadly there is the issue of micros which are basically printing money who can afford to outbid the lower teams. But that remains true for the rest of the transfer market as well.

Timing of trainers is strange but wait a week or so and you'll pick up a trainee that falls into your range. I agree that the implementation that exists now isn't great, but superior trainers are fairly cheap and the extra few percent for upgrading to an exceptional is a luxury and always has been.

2x NBBA Champion: S55, S56. 3x USA Cup Champion: S54, S55, S56. WR for longest home streak ever at 11 in Season 47.

This Post:
302774.7 in reply to 302774.1
Date: 1/27/2020 6:09:35 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think staff bidding is by far the worst part of this game. It's completely unnecessary and makes absolutely no sense.
Having to bid on employees is weird enough already, but having their salaries increase without them getting better, why?
I have the most expensive staff at the moment because I refuse to spend my valuable time staff bidding, so I have shitty staff that nobody wants and pay them as if they were Popovich.
Adding 3 more staff members to bid on also made it worse.
Staff bidding/salary increasing is that one thing that in my experience makes the game go from "great game!" to "it's shite but I can't quit I love my team and my virtual awesome players"

This Post:
302774.10 in reply to 302774.5
Date: 1/28/2020 10:16:10 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I am trying to recruit a new trainer with an exceptional level, but so far there are so few exceptional level trainers in the market that people overpay too much. For example there have been 2-3 decent trainers in the market today and they were sold for as high as 2M$
Exactly a month ago, I bought an exceptional trainer for $ 1.85M with 20k starting weekly salary. And I actually think that I bought it in a cheaper price. I usually see people pay over $ 2M for an exceptional trainer with a very low starting salary.

Another thing is for example one the decent trainers is being sold at 7PM while the other one at 4AM.
That's just how it is. That 4 AM to you is 4 PM to others and vice versa. Things will not always fall in our favor. If we want it that bad, we got to hustle for it. Trust me man, I wake up 2-3-4AM in the morning just to try to outbid some managers. And most of the time, I only waste sleep time (lol).