This Post:
322678.2 in reply to 322678.1
Date: 2/23/2024 6:37:25 AM
Gibiskus
ESL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Сactus
I think this problem will be solved only if it is forbidden to train the national team in his own country. Otherwise, scouts will still transmit information to the coach.

This Post:
322678.4 in reply to 322678.1
Date: 3/8/2024 4:01:43 AM
Coolsville Comets
III.16
Overall Posts Rated:
Another option that somewhat appeals in my mind, is to limit the number of “drops” a NT/U21 has in a season/in a week, OR to provide a minimum time a player must be on NT once added. If a coach has only so many chances to drop a player, or only so many spaces in the roster that will be locked up once a player is added, it will make the coach think twice before adding nonchalantly. This forces the coach in question to make use of the BB-mail or BB discord, and add an element of camaraderie/teamwork to building a competitive NT/U21.

This Post:
322678.5 in reply to 322678.4
Date: 3/8/2024 5:28:49 AM
BC "EDI"
LBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Actually a great training facility
These unlimited adds and drops are only "possible" in the offseason. Once the season starts - its costs enthusiasm.

Also this feature really helps national teams find the best talent and keep track of their progress

This Post:
322678.6 in reply to 322678.4
Date: 3/8/2024 7:10:38 AM
Isca Centurions
EBBL
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Dartmoor Pumas
0verW1ng is correct, it's done in the off-season for scouting. To follow up on this point:

This forces the coach in question to make use of the BB-mail or BB discord, and add an element of camaraderie/teamwork to building a competitive NT/U21.

Most managers do not reply to a BB-mail, so call-up scouting is the only viable way to get player skills. Even some NT/U21 managers don't respond to BB-mail.

This Post:
322678.7 in reply to 322678.3
Date: 3/8/2024 5:00:53 PM
Woodbridge Wreckers
DBA Pro A
Overall Posts Rated:
I think his argument goes to normal recruits too, not just questionable ones. If I just scout his players during the offseason, they're not gonna change a whole lot when I play them later in the season.

It could be as easy as just a toggle on the roster or player page, or even in preferences, to indicate that you don't want your players scouted. It should at least give a warning to the NT coach when on the player page or when attempting to recruit, and you can debate whether it completely prevents the recruitment or just gives the warning. Completely preventing it could enable some malicious actions from other countries, and I would assume most respectable coaches won't proceed after been given that warning.

This Post:
322678.8 in reply to 322678.3
Date: 9/15/2024 2:20:03 PM
Buricul Pământului
RBBA
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Buricul Pământului II
i think it's fair to start with a statement like this - "An NT coach may not recruit a player to gain a competitive advantage over league opponents, before a direct game in between them or during the off-season"

I suppose you'd think it's more fair when it comes to an elite local player who gotta play in the NT, but should exclude some cases of questionable recruits?

Today my NT coach scouted 2 of my players before game 3 of the finals. They are far away from Romania NT requirements and he knew it before calling them up.

Anyway it didn't change the final result as his team is far better than mine. He didn't need that. But I don't like at all this method. It's unfair.

I don't have any solution to provide but maybe something can be done to avoid that. It seems that not all NT coaches have honor and principles.

This Post:
322678.9 in reply to 322678.8
Date: 9/15/2024 3:57:09 PM
sheert devils
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
sheert devils II
I think there should be consequences for that, at least some ethical decisions can be made by GM's as they do for cheaters if reported.

This Post:
322678.11 in reply to 322678.10
Date: 9/16/2024 9:20:31 AM
Optic Fibres
II.2
Overall Posts Rated:
Second Team:
Wānaka Lakers
This is a difficult topic, because as a NT manager, I spend a lot of time scouting players at a range of ages and salaries to discuss and formulate plans with their managers to progress the NT. Every NT manager will know there's players who have a high salary who are useless for the NT and sometimes there's players who are very salary efficient and can provide something to the NT, so it's important we have access to players to give our NT the best chances of assembling a strong squad.

That being said, it is poor behaviour from the Romanian NT manager to use his role to gain an advantage like that. We had the same happen in England a few seasons back and that manager didn't get re-elected in as it went down poorly with the community.