BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Rules Chanche

Rules Chanche

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/20/2009 6:05:31 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I on't find the thread i make the last season about it, but i suggest a change in the rules because there is a missleading part:

"The end of a season isn't all fun and glory, however. Four teams from each division will be demoted to a lower level of divisions. The 8th seed in each conference is automatically demoted, and the 6th-ranked team from each conference competes with the 7th-ranked team from the other conference in a best-of-three relegation series. The fifth-ranked teams are safe, but they dont get a shot at the championship, either.

For the single-match eliminations, the team with the higher standing is given the home-court advantage. When there is a best-of-three series, the team with the higher standing has the home-court for the first match and for the tie-breaker (if a third game is necessary), and the lower-ranked team has the home-court for the second match. "

It looks like the homecourt of the best of three series, is handled in the finals and the rlegation the same, which wasn't right ... it would be fine when, you write that for the final the better ilance is important, and for the relegation the standing.

This Post:
69469.2 in reply to 69469.1
Date: 1/21/2009 7:52:37 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I think the writer never took in consideration that the 7th ranked from 1 conference would have won more games then the 6th placed of the other.
But indeed it happens.

As it is now, the 7th ranked in our conf even has a better record then the 3rd ranked in the other....

You realy need to be awake to find this error in the rules, I never misunderstood it, but you are correct, if you take it as it says there, it's wrong

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
69469.3 in reply to 69469.2
Date: 1/21/2009 8:03:00 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
i find every season people who complain about it, even people who don't play hard the last game because they don't see an advantage in getting 6 because they "get homecourt anyway" and like to have a better motivation and draft pick instead of the 6th place.

And some ask before, because they are unsure, and even some more experience manager post the passage in rules, and it is difficult to show them that they are wrong, because you have to look first for example with the relegation, and afterwards they say the same should count in the PO ;) Where is it even more difficult to find examples.

This Post:
69469.4 in reply to 69469.3
Date: 1/21/2009 9:51:40 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
don't shoot me... I don' t like TV games as last match either.

I just pointed out they still are in the game, and are unlikely to go away soon...

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
69469.5 in reply to 69469.4
Date: 1/21/2009 10:12:47 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but it should be easy to aquire the game plan they use in those season with the tv cash.

PS: we are in the wrong thread ;)