BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > Bot replacement

Bot replacement

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 1/26/2009 11:56:46 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
The top team in my conference just got replaced, and I have mixed feelings about it. On a selfish note it does nothing but clear the path to the finals for me. Not a lock but certainly improves my chances greatly. However I feel bot replacement this late in the season should be just the lower teams in the series, not the top team until after the season, imo. This upsets the balance and in some cases may unfairly help some top teams and hurt others in the series. For example now I can TIE the last game of the season vs the new team and will also be able to keep my playoff enthusiasm higher than the other conference who are battleing each other just to get in the finals.

In my series it shouldnt matter much anyway, but in a more balanced series, it surely hurts the teams from the other conference within your series.

Just a thought

This Post:
70187.2 in reply to 70187.1
Date: 1/29/2009 10:20:30 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I'm not sure if I get this right, but the top team in your conference was a bot?

Any team with an active user will not be replaced by a new team, so either the team was a bot, or a managerless team.

I realy don't get why a new team would be less competitive then an ownerless team.

If you can TIE the new team, you surely coul TIE the ownerless team,... I don't get it...

The replacement should make it more difficult now for you, not the other way around.

If I misunderstood, please explain.

They are not your friends; they dispise you. I am the only one you can count on. Trust me.
This Post:
70187.3 in reply to 70187.2
Date: 1/29/2009 11:40:48 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
It was a managerless team, my bad.

The guy had been very active for three seasons and had some excellent players. Better than mine overall. The fact that I knew what he was going to play balanced it a bit, but the team that was replaced had vastly superior talent to the new team.