BuzzerBeater Forums

Suggestions > maximum injuries length

maximum injuries length

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
Date: 12/7/2007 6:29:35 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I got my 2nd best player wounded for 10 weeks (ten). I hired a doctor lvl 6, and after 10 days, he still has 9 weeks injury. What's the point ? The player is dead for the whole season, the doctor costs a lot for nothing visible. Don't you think it's a game and it has to be funny, not frustrating because your whole season is over due to ONE injury ? Don't you think a maximum of maybe 5 injury weeks is largely enough ? Don't you think the injury sould be cured really quicker if you pay for that, like in the hattrick model ?
I'm really frustated by this. Too bad your game could have more fun.

This Post:
9388.2 in reply to 9388.1
Date: 12/7/2007 11:18:57 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree this suggestion, my first and 2nd best players are wounded for 6 and 7 weeks. I think ir's too much time because there are 2 matches per week and altough i have a doctor level 7 there has been no change since the day they wounded (tuesday). They are really young (19 and 20 years old) so they should improve faster. Please change this problem because all your season will depend on luck. If i have suffered this problem near playoffs it will have crashed my season

This Post:
9388.3 in reply to 9388.2
Date: 12/8/2007 7:45:07 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
This isn't a problem, per se.

I believe after the All-Star Game injuries will occur a little less often, but having a long injury is realistic.

NO ONE at this table ordered a rum & Coke
Charles: Penn has some good people
A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
9388.4 in reply to 9388.3
Date: 12/8/2007 12:17:06 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that long-term injuries are realistic but this is only a game where people are supposed to have fun and get away from reality... so I also think that long-term injuries do not bring any added value to the game.

This Post:
9388.5 in reply to 9388.3
Date: 12/8/2007 4:02:07 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
long term injuries (7weeks) in BB are pretty long also in real life, that's true, but in real life the season lasts about 3 times longer than in BB. That means that 7 weeks correspond to about 5 months in rl

This Post:
9388.6 in reply to 9388.5
Date: 12/8/2007 4:33:16 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
that's what i was trying to say. 6-7 weeks per injury are ok if we only have 1 match per week, but there are 2 so league is sorther than real life. Also it's really strange that i haven't suffered any injuries since my last match and suddenly two players injury for all season at the same match and they are the stars of my team.

I agree that injuries make more real the game but they can be shorter than now. Also if you buy a great doctor it should enshort this injury, don't you think so?

This Post:
9388.7 in reply to 9388.4
Date: 12/8/2007 8:30:24 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
I agree that long-term injuries are realistic but this is only a game where people are supposed to have fun and get away from reality... so I also think that long-term injuries do not bring any added value to the game.

They're a challenge that needs to be overcome.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
9388.9 in reply to 9388.8
Date: 12/9/2007 1:18:12 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
Ah, my misunderstanding.

A CT? Really?
Any two will do
Any three for me
Any four will score
Any five are live
This Post:
9388.11 in reply to 9388.7
Date: 12/10/2007 2:17:19 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
q]They're a challenge that needs to be overcome.

True but as a game in its infancy and i imagine any +4 or greater injury is going to act as a major catalyst to drive away newer teams.

I've experienced a +4 (and then subsequently sold the guy for a loss) and if as other posters are suggesting more competent doctors combined with younger players DONT bring down the recovery time then this is a fairly wild variable to include at this stage.

Im not saying scrap injuries and your comments obviously indicate that even the current situation is unlikely to be changed as you appear to be giving the message 'just deal with it'

my point is that if the recovery times can be influenced by us the users then we can start to factor this into our budget/planning.

in hattrick ive seen a few +8-9 injuries (50-60%) of season - here a 9 week layoff over a 14 week season with no way visible way of reducing it in my eyes is a tough pill to swallow.

how would you propose to build a squad in this knowledge?