Suggestions > An Idea for the Draft

An Idea for the Draft

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
165734.10 in reply to 165734.9
Date: 12/9/2010 12:19:29 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
where if you have the option to adjust between rounds...it would be less random...i know right now i could just send all the PF's and C's to the bottom of my list...but I'd rather get a great C than a lousy SF even if i don't NEED a C...so if i could go in before the second round...see what's been taken...what's left...i can decide then if i should draft a good C i don't need or if there's still some good enough players that i can draft to position for this upcoming round...

and i would say that you'd just leave the draft rankings how it is...so that if someone doesn't care as much...they can just set it once and let the draft decide for em...the only difference would be that in between rounds...you can adjust your rankings to better suit what you have learned so far in the draft and what you need moving forward...

as for the point of this giving too much advantage to those players that log in more than those that don't...i don't mean to sound anal...and i do understand that there are some players that just CAN'T log in as often as they'd like...but in these sort of games...shouldn't we reward those people that log in often...even knowing that there are people that can't log in as much as they'd like...probably 90% of the time...people log in more cause they are more interested...and people log in less cause they just have a casual interest...and i think that heightened attentiveness and higher interest should be rewarded...you pay more attention to the game...you do better...you pay less attention...you'll lose a slight advantage...

This Post:
165734.11 in reply to 165734.10
Date: 12/9/2010 1:40:54 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You're logic says that managers who can log in during games can also change their tactics every quarter. If you want to be active then play the transfer market. Logging in 3 times for draft at only one point of the season does show activity feed? This game does not make you log in at specific times, want a HC game, WOW cataclysm was launched. Get into a HC raiding guild and you can raid 7 days a week from 19:00-01:00. I love this game because it does not make me log in every hour. Even when buying players I can bid the amount I'm willing to spend right away.
NB! You should always draft the best rookie available. Setting 3 PF's as your first picks is kind of silly (considering there are other better options on the table). Even if you plan on training a draft player as you future star and get some nice merchandise off of him. It's better to draft a great player than just a spot filler. You can always sell your current PF trainee, train you great drafted SG and buy an older established player for that PF spot.

This Post:
165734.12 in reply to 165734.1
Date: 12/9/2010 6:27:10 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
It's a great idea. Best idea I've seen on here in ages. Bit concerned on the requirement to move the draft from off-season processing to regular season processing that it needs to work - maybe a BB could enlighten us on whether it is feasible.

@Kukoc, you do talk some rubbish sometimes. There are plenty of strategies on playing this game available to players and drafting the best player available to suit your training schedule and current roster will suit plenty of teams over simply drafting the best player available to sell on the market.

This Post:
165734.13 in reply to 165734.11
Date: 12/10/2010 2:20:38 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
but to have 3 different rounds wouldn't make you have to log in bunch of times a day...you have a draft tuesday...you log in wednesday...readjust draft order...you have a draft saturday...log in sunday...readjust draft order...that's twice a week...the people in the playoffs are gonna be logging in the same amount to check how their games went anyway...this just gives those not in the playoffs a reason to log in...

when i say that someone loggin in more often should get an advantage...i mean logging in like...once a day to make sure everything is going well rather then once a week...

by bidding your limit on players that you want to buy off the market right away...you might be throwing away money...so right there...you're already proving the point...that a person that logs in more often and pays attention during a bidding war...they might be able to get the player for less money than if you just go in and bid your limit right away and then log in in a couple of days to see if you got him or not...

setting 3 PF's as your top 3 picks is not silly if you really feel that you need a PF and there is enough quality PF's that even if your first 2 are taken before your pick the 3rd one is still a great pick...then it makes sense to set it that way so that you are sure you're getting the PF...but as i mentioned before...then if you get your 2nd PF...and no one takes your 3rd pick...you get another quality PF...which isn't the worst thing i know...at the very least you can sell him if he's good enough...but if you could of used something else...it'd be nice to have that option to switch things up and prioritise on another position for your next round...

This Post:
165734.14 in reply to 165734.13
Date: 12/10/2010 6:09:42 AM
Overall Posts Rated:
I log in often. I just think spreading the draft out on different weekdays is not a good idea. I like to get my draftees on one day, sell them before I have to pay their salary or relese them if they are not worth anything (which usually is the case for every 2-nd, 3-d rounder). If BB's would like to implement it then do it one the same day with 15 minute breaks before the next round. It's like ASG, you want to watch guys shoot the 3-s you log in. You want to see the results log in later.
I'm pretty sure that 99% of the time nobody changes their set draft order after the first round.
by bidding your limit on players that you want to buy off the market right away
Sometimes setting a high initial bid removes the excess intrest on that particular player.
that a person that logs in more often and pays attention during a bidding war
obviously, but is it vital to log in often to be good at this game? Daytrading is the only way an active manager can get ahead. Daytrading is hard though and the few that can successfully constantly do it are the lucky ones. It's gotten even harder with the current economy (which is great). I don't like games that force me to log in. That's why this is a great game.