Suggestions > Make the best players actually desirable

Make the best players actually desirable

Set priority
Show messages by
This Post:
158188.101 in reply to 158188.99
Date: 10/15/2010 11:50:43 AM
Overall Posts Rated:

How can you question the game creators Lebron? BB training regimes do not match real life -> thus BB players can not be compared to real life.

Yeah,but if you start talking about BB-Lebron(I know that wasn't you to start,I answer you because your was the last post at the time),you shouldn't ignore that a player with Lebron-like-dominance in BB has much better skills than the skills of the Lebron created for the simulations of the real games,and much higher salary(your words were:BB-Lebron was made by the game creators themselves. From that we can conclude where the targeted starter salary should be. So the users creating those salary monsters are excess training few skills.)

It seems BB players have evolved to be better than their RL counterparts. It's obvious to us that with a player with great height, potential and high level trainer mix, you can create unreal players. Asking for a team to really uphold 5 of those unreal players + subs + staff, is pardon my french: idiotic.

What you call unreal players,are not unreal players in BB world.This is the point where your thought fail.
The unreal players are the 400k centers that nobody can afford

This Post:
158188.102 in reply to 158188.101
Date: 10/15/2010 12:51:00 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
What you call unreal players,are not unreal players in BB world.This is the point where your thought fail.
Yes but their skill vs salary balance is nowhere near optimal. Fortunately the managers of BB have become smarter at their training. That's why the salarys have dropped somewhat this season. This might balance out those crazy NT trainers in seasons to come.
The unreal players are the 400k centers that nobody can afford
Even my team can afford 400k C. DivI teams can easily afford 400k C. Is it smart managing?, no.
I like a game where you have to think. What good would a game be if you could just go for "buy the biggest salary guys you can get your hands on". This falls under "make this game easy" category, just like "let me assign my teams minutes myself" petitions.

This Post:
158188.103 in reply to 158188.102
Date: 10/15/2010 12:59:08 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Yes but their skill vs salary balance is nowhere near optimal. Fortunately the managers of BB have become smarter at their training. That's why the salarys have dropped somewhat this season. This might balance out those crazy NT trainers in seasons to come.

the salrary rop, because there where so much unsmart players ;)

This Post:
158188.104 in reply to 158188.103
Date: 10/15/2010 1:20:20 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are you deliberately misreading?

This Post:
158188.105 in reply to 158188.104
Date: 10/15/2010 1:23:55 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Are you deliberately misreading?

why, i just said that the salary decreased because the salary would increase to much with the old formula which isn't that what you called smart training all the time and i don't read that a team could manage to have 5 top notch player easily etc. like you.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 10/15/2010 1:24:43 PM

This Post:
158188.106 in reply to 158188.105
Date: 10/15/2010 4:01:14 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You remember what BB's said about when salary raises/drops. People were complaining about the raise, answer was people were not training all around -> thus skills did not have a good ratio against salary. Nowdays it seems people have started training more secondary skills aswell (smart training) -> which leads to more overall skill -> salary drop.
Do you understand english btw?
and i don't read that a team could manage to have 5 top notch player easily etc. like you.
What are you saying here, are you implying I said you can keep 5, 400k salary players? are you saying you should be able to do it?
If people keep training all around soon those players that would have a 200k salary now, are at 130k salary in a few seasons.

This Post:
158188.107 in reply to 158188.106
Date: 10/15/2010 4:09:09 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You remember what BB's said about when salary raises/drops. People were complaining about the raise, answer was people were not training all around -> thus skills did not have a good ratio against salary. Nowdays it seems people have started training more secondary skills aswell (smart training) -> which leads to more overall skill -> salary drop.

the salary drops are calculated, by the expenses for salary in relation to the income. So if the salary is low through 'smart'(or less efficient) training the salary would increase in the offseason, if it's high the salary will drop.

What are you saying here, are you implying I said you can keep 5, 400k salary players? are you saying you should be able to do it?

could you understand englisch, btw? ;)

You writing(maybe as accident), that it would be bad if teams could afford 5(!) top notch player + bench, but nobody wants to decrease the salary for them that much that this is possible - but you act like this is the target of this suggestion.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 10/15/2010 4:09:34 PM

This Post:
158188.108 in reply to 158188.107
Date: 10/15/2010 5:09:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
Your thoughts are one of the hardest ones to read on these forums...
it is not about making 5 top notch player affordable, but it is about making then usefull for a strat and maybe give a team to afford to off them with solid teammates.
So you want to have 2, 400k players + other decent starters and backups and staff etc. There has to be a tradeoff, either you support an unreasonablely trained NT freak or play for a win with equally trained players. You can't have everything. If you want to keep those 2, 400k players and a decent team aswell, you better save money several seasons. Is it worth to drop out of divI to get to that point. It's a bad choise but it's still an option already.
the salary drops are calculated, by the expenses for salary in relation to the income. So if the salary is low through 'smart'(or less efficient) training the salary would increase in the offseason, if it's high the salary will drop.
So are you saying, that if everyone in BB would just train only shot blocking and create high salary unbalanced players the salarys would drop?

This Post:
158188.109 in reply to 158188.108
Date: 10/15/2010 5:18:39 PM
Overall Posts Rated:

So are you saying, that if everyone in BB would just train only shot blocking and create high salary unbalanced players the salarys would drop?

Posted by: BB-Charles 10/7/2010 4:45:00 AM
Welcome to Season 14 (cont.)

In economic news, the salary formula continues to dynamically adjust each season based upon player training and team income. Last season, the best players trained substantially more than the past few seasons, and as a result salaries are decreasing for this season, with the highest-skilled players making as much as 12% less than last season for the same amount of skill. In total, taking into account that player skills have been improving globally and the rate of new signups, this will mean that teams will on average spend just about the same amount of money on salaries this season as they did last.

it's not difficult to find it in news section...

Last edited by Steve Karenn at 10/15/2010 5:18:58 PM

This Post:
158188.110 in reply to 158188.108
Date: 10/15/2010 5:23:41 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
You can't have everything. If you want to keep those 2, 400k players and a decent team aswell, you better save money several seasons. Is it worth to drop out of divI to get to that point. It's a bad choise but it's still an option already.

thats the target of the suggestion, that you could get a team with those players which makes sense maybe even two ;) If it is hard to uderstand, you get it explained here from at least 5 manager but you didn't understand it from them too, like you didn't understand the BB when they talk about their salary system.

Last edited by CrazyEye at 10/15/2010 5:24:20 PM

This Post:
158188.111 in reply to 158188.110
Date: 10/15/2010 5:44:43 PM
Overall Posts Rated:
it is not about making 5 top notch player affordable, but it is about making then usefull for a strat and maybe give a team to afford to off them with solid teammates.
Now here you should of said: yes I think having 5 of those players should be the goal. Making 2 of them useable right now would be the best.
I understood what the other managers ment. I just could not comprehend your thoughts. Like I said in this thread...
Asking for a team to really uphold 5 of those unreal players + subs + staff, is pardon my french: idiotic.
You seriously can't expect to create a team of unreal players, that have received single position training (for 3 skills) by lvl7 trainer for 5-7 seasons. Where is the managing part in that kind of game? Just save enough money to get those 5 players and then steamroll over everybody until they turn 35? BB's never intended this to happen, that's why they capped arenas -> creating a cap for team salary.

Advertisement